Medical waste disposal

4 Replies

Hi folks,

I am living near a hospital. I have been living there for the past 50 years. The hospital started its functioning 10 years before. Until that day we were not aware of the medical wastes. But afterwards, we came to know that it is very hazardous.

The hospital disposes of its waste in the backyard. As our house is in the borders of the hospital we have a tension whether it will cause any issues for our family? I have 2 kids at home. Will they have any health issues? I have heard that medical wastes are non-biodegradable and proper steps must be followed while disposing of them.

Can someone suggest me the way by which these wastes can be disposed of? Are dumpster rental services worthful?

Please do chime in your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

@Ralph Niles Wait, are they dumping actual medical waste on the ground? What color are the plastic bags?

Waiting for your replies....

@Ralph Niles   There is huge differences in types of wastes from a hospital.  If the items are simply in a dumper they are probably fine.  Do you have any pictures?

That sounds like a call to the EPA is due

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.