My husband and I are new to the area and would like to purchase a condo or two for the sole purpose of vacation rentals. We have been told that in this area most HOAs do not allow Vacation rentals/short term and will find owners. We are having trouble finding out HOAs that allow this. Does anyone have knowledge of the situation or resources to steer us in the right direction?
Hi @Amy Gardner
Unfortunately, unless they have their CC&R's online, you'd probably have to call the HOA management company for a copy of the CC&R's or just simply ask them if they allow short term rentals.
Correct most HOA's have a 30 day minimum to rent in Arizona (and most states). Your two solutions:
1. Buy a small single family home with no HOA
2. Have a RE agent help you find a condo where the HOA does not restrict less than 30 day rentals. They do exist in some cases where the complex is old and less than 30-day rentals is not expressly forbidden in the CC&R. Might be able to find a newer one too if its a smaller complex.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community
Basic membership is free, forever.