BOD not replying to certified mail

1 Reply

Thank you for the opportunity to ask my question:

I recently bought an apartment in Polk County, Florida. It is a long term rental.

I want to replace the windows as they are very old.

I contacted the management company to ask what the process was. I was expecting to get an architectural review form to complete. The management asked me to contact the president of the board directly. I emailed and after not receiving a reply after a couple of days resent the request to make sure they got my email. I then got a curt reply saying how busy they are and they only deal with emergencies straight away and my request will be dealt with in 6 weeks or so.

I responded very politely that I only wanted to know the process to get windows installed and did not appreciate the tone of the email.

I then followed up with the same request via certified letter.

We are now at 7 weeks since that letter was received and I have had no reply either by email or in writing.

Condo docs are silent on how/when they reply to owners.

What are my options?

I would think your contractor would take care of this for you. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here