How complicated moving street pole is ? HOA approval is needed ?

2 Replies

Hello everyone,

Anybody has any experience with moving street light pole ? I need to move the pole 15 ft south on the property to make the garage a front load.

First I need HOA approved on my plan ? Having HOA, how costly it is ? And how long does it take ?

How far the new driveway should be from street light ? What is the easement around street lights ?

(The property is in Houston, Harris County)

Any insight and experience is appreciated

Thanks for the input

You first need to research who owns that pole and the easement it likely sits within. The owner likely won't care about your garage plans one bit so you'll need to be prepared to deal with a lot of red tape and to cover every dollar required to relocate it. I don't see how HOA fits into this but perhaps this pole is in a common area of the development which is maintained by the association? If so pull the HOA docs and learn the mechanism for affecting change.

Have you had drawings completed yet? The garage modification is HOA, street pole is city/power company.

Difficult, long and costly, but if money is no object; yes it can be done.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here