What to do about new home neighborhood filled with illegal STR's?

2 Replies

as the title says , Not sure what to do I was drilling out a new lock for my mailbox and a neighbor began yelling at me that its illegal to do that . I informed that its perfectly legal ,she began calling post office taking my picture etc.Finally gave her my realtor card assured her it was legal and she calmed down. She then proceeds to inform me of all the STR's on my block. I asked why she was not reporting them she says she does not want to get involve . Why the heck she was yelling at me? I give up. Not sure to if the STrs is an opportunity or an negative ?

@Account Closed

I honestly wouldn't care about STRs in my neighborhood as long as they weren't causing any issues (traffic, noise, etc). I feel like the owners of STRs maintain their properties better than a lot of renters and even better than some homeowners. I would consider it a plus. Especially if you haven't noticed them as being STRs. I would be curious how many STRs there actually are on your block. It sounds like you may just have a neighbor that's looking for some drama. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you