Votes
Phillip Law
  • Vista, CA
Votes |
Need Help! Problem Gardening in my own Backyard

Phillip Law
  • Vista, CA
Posted Jul 20 2012, 09:44

I receive this letter from my HOA which have kept me thinking how I should response to it. My retired parents who are staying with me had decided to terraced the slope in our backyard for vegetables. I have two neighbors, one who doesn't like the idea and claim that we are intruding their privacy by actively maintaining the garden while the other neighbor saw what we did and added planters on the hill side for planting vegetables. Both of them signed of the plan during our initial plan submission back in December.

The plan was submitted back in December 2011 and the management get back to be 180 days later where as by rule they should get back to me 45 days after I submit the plan. I suppose the management go after me on the active pursue of my neighbor to remove the vegetable gardens.

This meant a lot to them and I hate to see that they have to re-slope the area because gardening has kept them occupied most of the day. How should I deal with my HOA?

I uploaded the letter and the letter and section regarding slope control from the CCR and be found here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/PhillipLaw/July202012?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJy6wbDagOOlmwE&feat=directlink

Thanks

Loading replies...