• Developer
  • Orange County, CA
Votes |
Experience with Modular Builds

Kevin Purvis
  • Developer
  • Orange County, CA
Posted Jan 17 2021, 09:51

I have been interviewing modular builders in southern California and across the country who serve southern California.  The account now is above 30 and I have some FrontRunners but wanted to ask the community of any of their specific experience with certain modular builders.  

As a background I'm leaning towards non HUD, as I already know several good HUD builders in the area. so far I've noticed there are basically two type of prefab modular builders. The first type is minimum 300 dollars per square foot and very nice homes. however that's not exactly for me as these will all be billed to rent and hold. there's a very small subsection of modular builders to focus on affordability.

Some of those who produce HUD housing will also make them modular and they're actually pretty good and I've used them before.

One of the frontrunners I've spoken to is Impresa Modular who seemed to build for a reasonable rate and also design in-house so that customizations are not extremely expensive.  also the individuals I spoke with appeared to be knowledgeable and friendly.

Has anyone used Impresa before?  if so what was your experience?

Have you used other modular builders that might serve southern California that you were impressed with? who are they? why did you choose them?

Am I being short-sighted by not considering HUD builders? why?

Loading replies...