Ask About A Real Estate Company

User Stats

Votes
Myron Manley
Votes |
Looking for brokerage to work for

Myron Manley
Posted Oct 2 2022, 15:23

I've recently passed my test and am working on finding a brokerage to get my license. Im wondering if anybody has any experience with JPAR? Or if anyone has any good/bad experiences with specific brokerages. I'm located in Northern Utah.

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Replied Oct 2 2022, 22:03

Everyone probably partial to where they work, including me.....although I do here some brokers recommending KW for new agents due to our great training.

User Stats

Votes
James Hamling#3 Real Estate News & Current Events Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Twin Cities, MN
Votes |
James Hamling#3 Real Estate News & Current Events Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Twin Cities, MN
Replied Oct 3 2022, 07:28

@Myron Manley if you don't have a clear and specific vision and plan in place of exactly what you want to do, where you want to take things as a R.E. Agent, KW is most likely the best fit for a place to start. 

KW is kind of the "noob" incubator if you will. KW is very well setup for the new agent and while things will seem detailed and complicated from day 1, I can say KW makes it the most simplistic by a long shot, yes it get's far more difficult and complicated from the structure KW has, a lot more. 

Early on your going to hear a lot about finding your focus. Don't even look at or consider going anywhere else, no matter where you start, until you have learned and evolved all that you can where you begin. The grass will always be greener on the other side but guess what they don't tell you ever, someone still has to mow it. 

There is no "EZ" button, far too many get this false notion that having a license and picking a brokerage is all one needs to do and it's off to the races. No, think of it like becoming a DR., if, imagine if Dr.'s had to first get there license to practice THEN they were allowed to go find a hospital to signup at to residency and learn everything, THAT'S the life of a R.E. agent. You have your license now so congrat's, you can now go learn everything to then be able to get started. 

The other option is joining a team, this is the only form of an "EZ Button" there is in R.E. Agency, but, it's like being an indentured slave, lol. You will serve a master and be "allowed" to keep what they allow you from what you do. BUT you will have the opportunity of being spoon-feed business and learning what a well-oiled system looks like, all the actions it's takes, process's and resources. Well, ideally, some teams really suck out there but generally those are all newer teams. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Brad Jacobson
  • Realtor
  • Ogden, UT
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Ogden, UT
Replied Oct 24 2022, 08:13

Hey @Myron Manley!

I'm a full time agent in Ogden and typically serve Davis & Weber Counties.

If you're still looking for a brokerage, I'm happy to chat sometime!  I know one or two dozen principal brokers in the area and am more than happy to point you in the right direction be it with me or elsewhere!

Good luck,

Brad