Skip to content
Ask About A Real Estate Company

User Stats

Votes
John Martin
  • Homeowner
  • CA
Votes |
Hippoze Bulk Investments - Help.. is this normal?

John Martin
  • Homeowner
  • CA
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:47

Newbie here and suspicious of a "great offer"

Hippoze is the primary LLC formed for the purpose of purchasing, managing and selling real estate.

Smaller feeder LLCs managed by GM's will have their own LLC under the mother ship HBI.
Smaller LLC's run by a GM offer this "opportunity" to friends and family.
Hippoze LLC would be the title owners.
They are "Hoping" to refinance in 1-3 years but an investment period of 10 years is desired, It is up to the discretion of the GM what to do with the returned moneys, 1) reinvest with HBI 2) reinvest with another NON HBI investment 3) return to the individual investors.
Depreciation and profit will be passed down to the LLC and investors through K1s.

This is the small of it, our investment would be around $10K and each LLC will be $50K to 250K, supposedly the GM for our LLC has a substantial investment ready to go. They are looking to raise 10-20million.
Each smaller LLC brings a min of 5 shares valued at a total of $250k (50k each)

I cant find the Hippoze Bulk Investments LLC listed anywhere
not even at http://kepler.ss.ca.gov/ which is supposed to be current as of 2/29/08

The LLC Hippoze is however founded by a local reputable respected Agent.
He will make decisions on which properties to purchase.

Somehow though this just doesn't feel right even if it is friends, I will have my accountant look at it but so far there is no real business plan just a question and answer sheet and a few meetings. Something smell rotten here? like I have no say in the grand scheme, seems like a small pyramid scheme or is this normal course of action in this buis?
Thanks

Loading replies...