Who is Craig Brooksby?

15 Replies

I'm trying to get some feedback for the individual above. Does anyone personally know Craig? done business with him? Is he real? 

He is claiming in his profile description that he was dealing with millions dollars worth of real estate and other assets, etc. etc., in other words a lot of hype. But there is no real information that supports his claims. He says that his company employs 50 people, yet he doesn't have a working website (at least I couldn't find one). His comments here are little odd (in my opinion), and the only info I could find online is that him and his wife defaulted on a loan and there was a judgment against them for $4.1MM

Thank you for any feedback you can provide. 

Disclosure: I am a member of the Triad REIA with Craig, I do not work for him or get paid to promote him.

Hi David,

I have met Craig Brooksby personally and can attest to the fact that he is indeed real. :) He just helped walk me through a tough deal I am working on with precision and expert advice.

Do your research.  Check lawsuits and judgments in Utah and North Carolina.  Check with some people who have invested with him.  Not names he give you.  Names you find independently.  Beware.

I am a client of Craig Brooksby.  He has a system that feeds properties to his clients constantly.  He covers all of North Carolina.  There is a small monthly fee to access the system, but that is the only fee.  Craig makes money when his clients make money.  He provides weekly on-going education in a friendly group atmosphere, currently in Raleigh and in Charlotte as well as on-line meetups.  There is no extra charge for the education.  He also makes himself available for one-on-one time by text, email, or phone.  I have spent countless hours with Craig personally.  He thinks outside the box and encourages us to do the same.  He is a master mind in the real estate world.  He knows the law, and his transactions are always within the law using credible real estate attorneys.  He did in fact lose tens of millions of dollars in the big crash.  His goal for his clients is that we don't make the mistakes he made.

Updated 8 months ago

I would like to retract my blind opinion. Be careful.

I, too, am a client of Craig Brooksby. I concur with everything Garland Shelton said. My husband and I attend his weekly education meetings and online meetups as well as meeting with him one-on-one regularly. We have been clients of his for 2 years and have successfully flipped 9 properties through the use of his system and with his mentoring.

Disclosure: I'm affiliate with this post

Please feel free to come and talk to me directly and those who have worked with me for years. The important thing here is that no one is perfect and when you begin to take market share there will be naysayers. Real Estate investing is not easy. Working with Contractors in real estate investing is one of the toughest parts. You are welcome to come to one of my meetups and ask me the tough questions. I wont sugar coat things or tell you there is a pot of gold at the end of the Rainbow. What you get from me is the truth about the business and where the pot holes are. Then I will tell you what can go right. If you would like references of people who have worked with me in the past, I can give you the ones who were not happy and the ones who were happy. Plain and simple. Thanks

Good day to all. If any investors are looking for a Quality contractor/handyman I'm your guy. Been in this line of work for over 15 years. Have all tools needed and transportation. I'm currently in the Kinston area. Serious inquires only please. I can also inspect a property for you before u buy it so you know exactly from day one if it's a good investment and how much u would need to fully flip it.  thank you. elitequalityimprovements @ contractor.net

Disclosure: Soon to be contractor

Hello everyone . My name is Sakina I met Craig approximately 3 weeks ago. I'm  45 from NYC . The land of cons . So I would definitely know a conman if I interact  with one . I will be returning to this thread to give you pure truth from experience.  My word is all I trully have , so when I speak it please listen.  

I have never met Craig. I don't look into people I am more interested in what they have to say then see if it makes sense then legal etc. Also, People get discouraged by lawsuits, I would be more concerned if they lost their lawsuits. We are in a world where people can sue for anything don't mean they will get anywhere, people not legit. Most are anti guru etc so usually they will be against them no matter what . don't really care what students have to say.many are struggling ,therefore, easy to point the blame at others.

I have talked to Craig and sat through one of his initial appointment meetings, apparently at one point he owned 30+ million worth of real estate in Vegas, and then 2009 came and essentially wiped him out.  Now he is in the guru business.

You buy into his program which costs somewhere in the 100/month range.  In return you get access to his website that shows potential deals in the way of foreclosures etc, and other useful details such as amount likely owed on the property, and property value (estimate).  

If you could simply pay 100/month for access to the website it might be worth it to some people,however you have to also sign a contract with him that says that any deal you find by default he 'partners' with you and coaches and guides you through the purchase and rehab process.  For his expertise, he takes a 40% share of the profits when the property sells.  Additionally, if you decide to leave the program there is a clause in the contract that you sign with him that stipulates you either can't compete against him for deals in the local area for 3 years, or you owe him his percentage for 3 years, something along those lines that makes it difficult to ever leave the program, I don't remember which.

He says that buy and hold is the riskiest investment you could ever be in, that's easily said by someone who was wiped clean by buy and hold during 2009.  Instead he says flipping is the path to wealth.  And that may very well be a fantastic way to achieve wealth for him considering he is making 40% profit on every one of his pupils deals, while himself not carrying a single ounce of risk if the deal turns out to be a dud.

He seems knowledgeable and likely has useful tips for new flippers, however nobody should consistently pay 40% of their profits for small investing tips and bits of advice.  On a 50k profit deal that means he takes a 20k fee and assumes zero risk if the deal goes sour and the flipper loses money.  His pupils love the program and are happy that they are making money on most of the deals, but I just don't think that they realize how expensive his education is ultimately 'costing' them by permanently taking a huge swath of the profits.  I'm 100% positive that these pupils are making money not because of his expert advice, but because they are simply taking action.  Even a moderately executed flip would net them more money than a well executed flip due to his advice and needing to pay his enormous fees.

He takes in many thousands of dollars worth of fees for his advice while assuming zero risk.  While I'm sure he makes boatloads of money for himself, I would never support someone who operates a business model such as this.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here