Abbey Landis
  • Marina del Rey, CA
Posted Dec 28 2008, 23:17

Hi All

This is about a person, not a company.

There is a person who goes by the email address
[email protected]

She claims she is in Alabama, USA.

She states she has $7M US Dollars to invest in real estate opportunities.

So I say, okay, I'll bite --- let's see what this is about. :)

So I ask questions, research, etc.

She tells nothing about herself except she is in her early 20's.
She doesn't have a phone or a cell phone or live in an apartment She lives in a refugee camp and there is an overseas number you can get her at, but you have to call and ask for her and the pastor will come and get her. I actually spent the money to call, and they told me to hold on, they would get her. I hung up. I was surprised she actually gave a working number!

What 20 year old has that kind of money?
If she does, why can't she afford a cell phone to do business? And a place to live?
Oh, and who knows of any refugee camps in Alabama, USA. ?

So, I asked her these questions and some more - like how this all works --by email. She didn't answer any of them except how the business (if you can call it that) part works.

You have an investment for lets say $5M USD, she gives you all $7M to cushion you in case their are unexpected costs. She wires it into your bank account, (red flag #1 - you need to give your bank account number) and then when the deal closes, you pay her back the amount you didn't use, plus interest for xx amount of months you had the money.

So, forwarded all this info to my money laundering expert friend in the government. He looked into it:

Result: She is a Nigeria scam.

The site I was contacted by her on got her IP address and banned her from the site and we notified all government officials in the US and Interpool.

It's too hard to 'catch' people like this b/c they make up names for email addresses and never reveal their own and their IP addresses come from different locations.

So, if you ever hear of her or something similiar to this - stay far away!

Sometimes, this business is comically amusing!

But I would hate to know someone got caught up in this mess.

Also to inform: Nigeria is known to be the worst in terms of online business scams.

Abbey :)

Loading replies...