• Rental Property Investor
  • Trabuco Canyon, CA
Votes |
Have anyone used Flex Realty to sell their propery

Bobby Narinov
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Trabuco Canyon, CA
Posted Jul 24 2016, 16:31

After having a bad experience with Flex Realty Property Management (See my other discussion on those scammers), I decided to see how far Mr. Jim Moody's audacity can go so I decided to take him on to sell my rental for the amount she claimed my property is worth.

I know he is not an honest man but I was hopping that he is dishonest only to his rental clients and he will be more honest to his real estate clients.

So after the last non-approved tenant saddled me with a ton of unpaid bills he suggested to me to sell my property. The price he suggested was the price he claimed my property was worth and he even had a BPO with a list of properties that justified his inflated price but first, I had to spend $1800.00 on making the property sale ready. I don't know why the difference between sale ready and tenant ready is so high but that was his claim. Grudgingly I paid the amount and the house was ready for sale in mid April. As part of the preparation someone supposedly did some gardening of the place.

Imagine my surprise when less than a month later (May 10th) I received a Fine from the city stating that I have overgrown grass in my front yard. Their pictures clearly showed 2ft of grass. I am not sure how the weather is in Toledo but to have a grass like that in California I have to use a ton of Mirracle-Gro. I got no response from Flex Realty on whether my grass was ever cut as part of the "light gardening" included in the $1,800.00 bill. I guess he is not paying the $300+ expenses ($75.00 city fine plus BAT:$233.14 fees).

Now back to the sale of my property. I got nothing. No information at all. I called but could not be connected to Jim. I monitored my property on Zillow and I saw that there were a lot of views and people saved it for later but I got no information from Mr.Moody on how is may sale going on.

After 2 months of being kept in the dark I had enough and I started chasing him more aggressively - emails calling to the office, leaving voice mails but I got no response from him. Here is the email I sent him on June 5th for which I got no response at all (Today is July 24th):

James,
It has been over 3 months since we decided to sell my property at:
Burnham
Toledo OH
For the last two months my property has been on the market I have received ZERO progress reports. I even had to learn about 2 ft. grass growth directly from the city via citation.
My question is are you doing something to sell my property?
Can you send me a report about:
1. how many open houses you had there
2. how many visitors you had during and after the open houses
3. were there any bids for how much?
I believe that after passing so many months the initial sales price was overblown and unrealistic. Are you still going to claim your price is a good one?
Please don't make me think that your real-estate company is as bad as your management company.
Best regards,
Bobby
The Owner.

I got an automated "out of office till June 10th" message on that. I guess Jim was enjoying a nice vacation while his clients were loosing money. I waited a week after the 10th giving him ample of time to catch-up with his emails but nothing happened, so on June 16th, 2016 I tried again:

Wow!!! I got nothing on this one as well. I am a patient man but being constantly ignored will piss me off. To top it off I got the second letter from the city asking for the above mentioned $233.14. So on June 21, 2016 i send an email to him and the scammers from Marshall Reddick (www.marshallreddick.com) that recommended Jim to me. I'll write another post on Marshall Reddick later. So here is my third letter in a raw which got no response as well:

Jim,
so you did not handle the grass cutting at my property. See the picture below.
You didn't even call me or write me on Sunday as you promised to do.
I suspect you hate me and you are intentionally draining me out of my money.
- 3 months with no sale
- 3 months with no status update
- multiple calls with not a single call-back
- thousands of dollars for repairs
- hundreds of dollars for penalties by the city
- even after that there is no one taking care of my property.
THERE IS NO WAY YOU ARE THAT INCOMPETENT.
I honestly don't know why was I thinking you can pull yourself together and do something.
I believe your behavior should be exposed but i think bigger pockets is too small platform for that.
Brace yourself.
Bobby
extremely unhappy with Flex - whatever services
I tried three of them and they all sucked big time.
Owner: Burnham,Toledo,OH 43612

The next day, i got an one sentence email from him with a picture captured god knows from where:

Attached is the most recent statistical information from our local real estate board...jim

I cannot believe I was ignored so badly. No updates. No talk. Just a picture stating that the last week's home sales have dropped 99 which was 33% less than a year ago. Like I would care about that. There were still 99 sales happening. Why was mine not one of them.

Jim,
I see. The way I look at it, there is no bad market - there is a bad price.
This is why I am asking what price can guarantee a sale.
That is what I meant when I told you that there are no equity there.
You kind of admitted to that by saying : "Now is not the time to sell". Seriously?
The summer is not the time to sell? The biggest selling season in real estate is not the time to sell?
I would understand if this is 2008 but we are talking about 2016 - 8 years after the recession ended.
What you show is just a stupid statistics for the last 3 months. And based on that you are asking me to take my house off the market exactly when it is the busiest real-estate season of the year. Are you born yesterday?Here is my answer on your non-question " No company can do more than what we have for you to date."
Seriously. No company can do more? What about:
1. I have installed lock-box and for the last 3 months there were XX people visiting
2. on the first open house there were YYY people visiting and ZZZ left their information
3. On the second open house, .... the third open house
4. For the last 3 months we got NNN emails, MMM phone calls
5. it looks like the grass is growing up so I would like to hire someone to cut it. Instead I got $350+ in various fees from the city together with pictures showing 2ft grass in the front yard. I am not sure what price you can get for a house that had its lawn mowed over 6 months ago.6. I admit, you have told me that the asking price is too high but I didn't want to admit that I do not understand anything real estate related. Instead I am getting that crap "No company can do more than what we have for you to date." above.
7. me or someone from my organization will return your call (or respond to your emails) within 24hrs of your call and they'll address your issues with urgent priority.
This is the minimum I would expect from my seller but I guess you are too busy selling the other 35 Toledo properties from: https://www.marshallreddick.com/properties?sort=-published&market=toledoOH&view=all
I pity the fools that are going to use your "excellent" services.
So start acting like a real estate agent. I am still waiting.

After that I was assigned a new person from Jim Moody's staff. How I got a lot of hopes that things will change for better. Boy was I sadly mistaken. Her name was

Kimberly I. L. Dixon
Realtor
Flex Realty

She promised to take care of me. She promised to go to the property and inspect it and she promised to put there a lease purchase guy there soon. She even said that there were two potential candidates that she is going to talk to. She promised a lot of things but that was a promise that stayed in June 24, 2016.

And I waited....

And waited ...

And two weeks later on July 8th, I asked for a status:

Kimberly
It has been over 15 days since you promised to keep me posted and so far i have gotten zero updates. I was hoping that you are going to be better at communicating with your clients but it looks like i am expecting too much from FlexRealty.
I really don't know how are you still in business.

I got a response within 24hrs:

Good Afternoon
I truly apologize I was out of town all last week with my 76 year old Mother on a trip I had promised her over a year ag. I am playing catch up on this short week. My plan is to visit all of my listed homes tomorrow and Sunday. Also planning on having open house's. I just called you to reassure you that I have your best interest at heart when you get a moment please give me a call. I also would prefer a phone call oppose to email I can not always get to my emails.
Thanks
Kimberly I. L. Dixon
Flex Realty

I understand that we have to take care of our elderly parents but after a week of nothing happening I started pushing again:

Kimberly
Its been a week.
Can you update me on the status of my sale/lease/rent?

I got a very short response which looked like washing her hands off:

Good Afternoon
We have not had any hits for showing or anything. Will let you know if we have any activity. Have a great weekend!

So stay put. You do not need any status. I am not going to tell you what I am doing for you and you should take it without questioning me or asking any questions. So I wrote the following

That does not look like you are actively looking after my interest. That answer is unacceptable to me. We are at a peek market for the last 5 years and you are giving me run around answer.
That answer in today's market can be one of 3 things:
1. i got lazy person on my team
2. I got incompetent person on my team
3. I got a malicious person intentionally trying to hurt me and is bleeding me dry.
Which one are you?
In case you are not one of those, what is your plan of action. What have you done for me in the last month? You don’t look like you have anything to show so are you really my agent?

I think she decided to admit, that she is one of the 3 types (or all of them, I do not know) but here response was again very short (I guess she does not like writing or working too much):

I am sorry that you feel that way. But since you do I feel that I can't work with an owner that is rude as the above message indicates. I am no longer the realtor for Burnham.

My last response to her and Flex Realty was:

Were you ever my realtor?
I don't see what you actually did for me.
Did you do any showings?
Did you visit the property as you promised?
Did you contact the couple of potential candidates that you supposedly had?
Did you looked at what the asking vs. what is the realistic price for this property as I asked you?
Did you even report what you are doing without me fighting with you to get a single email?
My more mature realtors were keeping me updated ON A DAILY BASES what is going on with my property-without me asking them to do it. Flex realty and you didn't do anything like that for the last 4 months. Hell I didn’t even know that my tenant was out months after he bailed out. To your defense Flex didn't know it as well so something is really rotten there.
I don't know what type of people work there but the amount of laziness and not caring about their customers is extremely high. I wonder if that is because your boss is under investigation and he has no time to deal with the daily operations or this is the type of people this establishment attracts?
Don't worry this conversation will go on the social media for everyone to see it. I'll let everyone decides on whether i am right.
It is time to stop acting offended and just do your job. You cannot hide in your "safe place" and not do what you are getting paid for.
Good buy
Bad realtor.
I am really glad not knowing you anymore.

It has been 9 days since my last email. I got no response from her or from Jim - the owner of that customer's trap. My contract with them expires on August 1st and I am anticipating a better luck with my next management/real-estate company.

Am I expecting too much from them? Am I being too harsh on Flex Realty and all other FlexXXX companies?

So what do you think? 

Loading replies...