Votes
Beth S.
  • Santa Ana, CA
Votes |
Steve Haight/Linda Labbe/Toledo Scam/Seirra Real Estate Services

Beth S.
  • Santa Ana, CA
Posted May 25 2017, 01:36

In August on 2017 as a new investor I reached out to BP  wanting to invest in a cash flow, turn- key rental. I was quickly approached by Steve Haight from Las Vegas https://www.biggerpockets.com/co/sh-land-consultin... He wanted my phone number to introduce me to a wholesaler Linda Labbe from Canada. She immediately called and told me of a company that does it all Sierra Real Estate Services in Toledo Ohio. She told me her service was $1000 for the referral. I was then contacted by a Ronald Wilson from Sierra Real Estate Services. I was offered a duplex that would be completely rehabbed in 4-6 weeks it had already been started to be rehabbed and for sure would be done by September. To make me feel more comfortable Steve Haight had a conference call placed with a very happy client to Ron's a Dr. Miller also from Canada, that had bought a large unit Ron was rehabbing for him, he spoke of how he was such a wonderful person to work with etc. So I thought wow this must be real. To make a long story short I was totally scammed, I know I didn't do enough due diligence now, but as being new to it all sounded so wonderful I got caught up in the fever of making a great ROI. We flew out to Toledo in September, the duplex was in Sandusky we were very disappointed so see that very little work had been completed. We were told it would be like new with electrical, plumbing, Hvoc, hot water heaters, paint, bathrooms, kitchens all redone. With a 5 year warrantee if we stayed with their property management.

We have received nothing but lies and deceit, we were bad for being inexperienced and not doing our complete due diligence of the people and the companies. I just want to warn people, newbies about these scams, just because it is on BP don't believe it! I spent money I had saved for years that I will never see again.

I did reach out to Steve Height, he told my husband we needed to join his club in Canada for a mire $2000 and he would be able to help us. I didn't do this we have hired a attorney and are pursuing that avenue. Since it was his recommendation to Linda Labbe who still currently works with Ronald Wilson. The duplex needs to be completely rehabbed. It is not in condition for anyone to live. Please everyone stay away from Linda Labbe, Steve Haight, Sierra Real Estate Services, and by all means Ronald Wilson!     

Loading replies...