Skip to content
Ask About A Real Estate Company

User Stats

Votes
Jeff V.
  • Investor
  • Deridder, LA
Votes |
Rental Property Lending Group - Bob Green - References???

Jeff V.
  • Investor
  • Deridder, LA
Posted Feb 11 2018, 12:11

Hello Fellow BP Members,

Recently I ran across a lending Group called Rental Property Lending Group on BP which has some loan products that seem attractive that will be able to use to grow the business faster.  It's ran by Bob Green, he has lots of connections here on BP and seems on the up and up.

However, my spidey sense has been going off despite during our communication he has been very helpful and answered all of my questions quickly and seems knowledgeable.  

What has set off my spidey sense?  The more I dig the more I find inconsistencies...

• His profile checks out on other social media but LinkedIn has him with only 20 connections. (Justifiable if its a new profile)
  • His website has a link to a Bangladesh web design company. (Justifiable for a low cost web presence)
  • Logo and name on website is RPLG, but the title of the page says THG Capital Fund. (Justifiable, had a post recently that says RPLG merged with THG)
  • The Application he sent over has Finance of America Commercial LLC on the letterhead. (Not sure why the different company on letterhead... strange)
  • Illinois secretary of state has both Rental Property Lending Group INC and Rental Property Lending Group of America INC and they both are DISSOLVED, one being DISSOLVED INVOLUNTARY (Possibly, restructured into a new name during the merger forming entity in different state?  Not sure)
  • Finance of America LLC is in good standing, but owned by a Delaware LLC Buy to Rent Finance Manager. (Dead End, DE doesn't disclose officers/members)

I asked Bob Green for references and he said he has references, but did not provide any.

So my question for BP is, Has anyone here done business with RPLG, THG Capital Fund and/or Bob Green before and can you set my mind at ease?  I believe RPLG to be on the up and up, but would like to hear from others that have done business with them and or Bob Green.

If Bob runs across this post:  Not my intention to offend in any way, just doing my due diligence.  Hope everything checks out I would very much like to do business if everything is on the up and up.

Jeff V

Loading replies...