Votes
Ray Hernandez
  • Torrance, CA
Votes |
Rebogateway & PropertyRadar

Ray Hernandez
  • Torrance, CA
Posted Mar 8 2018, 12:41

I've seen reviews on these two services and even a thread comparing both of them but they're a little outdated and I'm just wondering if anyone else has new opinions on them? How's your experience been?

I guess I should clarify that I'm looking for information on inherited homes and I believe Rebo offers that but unsure about propradar.

Any new insight would be appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Mar 8 2018, 12:42

we Use Property Radar and love it.. not sure about the other one.. 

User Stats

Votes
Ray Hernandez
  • Torrance, CA
Votes |
  • Torrance, CA
Replied Mar 8 2018, 12:57

@Jay Hinrichs Oh awesome! Do their services provide inherited house info? 

And they provide phone numbers don't they? I was looking to cold call and rebo doesn't offer cell phone #'s so I wasn't sure how I was going to do that.

Thanks for the swift reply.

BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Mar 8 2018, 12:59

@Ray Hernandez  no Idea my staff uses it I don't personally use it.. but I have looked at it and its AWESOME

@Sean OToole  is the brains behind the operation maybe he can chime in.. !!! :)

User Stats

Votes
Ray Hernandez
  • Torrance, CA
Votes |
  • Torrance, CA
Replied Mar 8 2018, 13:05

@Jay Hinrichs Oh okay great! Hopefully he can chime in, I'm curious!

Thanks for the input, Jay.

User Stats

Votes
Sean OToole
  • Investor
  • Truckee, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Truckee, CA
Replied Mar 8 2018, 14:06

@Jay Hinrichs thanks for the heads up.

@Ray Hernandez, thanks for asking. 

1. Phone numbers - yes, we offer phone numbers, including cell phones, but only in our Pro package.

2. "inherited homes" - I'm not aware of any way to identify "inherited homes" per se, though some services do sell public record probate filings. I haven't found that to be a good way to go after that market, so we don't offer those specifically. That said, I assume you are interested in offering to buy homes after the death of one of more owners. If that is the case there are far better ways then public record probate filings, which happen late in the process, and which often don't involve the sale of a home, or are even involve a homeowner. Here are a few alternatives:

a. Watch obituaries. These typically appear in your local paper (and even on websites) months or weeks before probate is filed. For each one search the name using a tool like our quick search by name. From there you can see all the details on the property, other owners, etc. If all the owners are deceased, then use ancestry.com or a skip tracing tool to find their heirs.

b. Connect with probate attorneys. There will always be cases where folks want to quickly sell, and the attorney will learn this, and likely refer the person to an investor they know and trust, well before the actual probate is filed. 

c. Connect with service providers. I know an investor that tells me that he has worked with mortuaries to "tastefully" display his cash for homes in any condition advertising. Since mortuaries typically receive the body within hours, he clearly is in front of the heirs well before anyone else. Don't ask me how he does that tastefully, I have no idea, and it is honestly hard for me to fathom.

d. Death of joint tenant filings. We do offer these, but they are a bit like probate filings in that they typically don't show up until after a deal has been done.

Bottom line, if this is your niche, I wouldn't waste my time on probate filings, there are better options.

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Mar 8 2018, 14:23

@Sean OToole  since we are ambulance chasing.. one of my old borrowers.. he has his signs up in rest homes.. !! 

User Stats

Votes
Sean OToole
  • Investor
  • Truckee, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Truckee, CA
Replied Mar 8 2018, 14:32

@Jay Hinrichs - Likely with generous kickbacks to the home's owners. :-(

I suppose as long as we're going down that slippery and morbid slope I'll add that I once had an investor ask what I thought of partnering with hospice workers. :-(

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Mar 8 2018, 14:35

@Sean OToole  I think we should change to talking about aviation and snow skiing LOL.

Everyone is anxious for your expansion that's for sure.

Next time your up lets have lunch !

User Stats

Votes
Ray Hernandez
  • Torrance, CA
Votes |
  • Torrance, CA
Replied Mar 8 2018, 15:01

@Sean OToole Hey, Sean, thanks for all the information. 

Yes sorry for the confusion by me saying inherited but probate information is what I was after. I'll look at all the alternatives you provided for sure, thanks for all the detailed info!

I may try another niche if I do decide to go with PropertyRadar because the phone numbers you guys offer; that is a HUGE plus for me because I was looking to cold call. Rebo only offers landline phone #'s and I was told only about 40% of their properties have them. 

Again, thanks for all the info you provided.

User Stats

Votes
Dev Horn
Pro Member
#3 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Arlington, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Arlington, TX
Replied Mar 8 2018, 15:04

We tried Rebogateway (several years ago & more recently - have a current sub to it) and and we were really hopeful about their new Investor Title Toolbox which marries the Listsource equity data together with the rebo property data from the counties.  Unfortunately, it's not a great interface and at least in our trial uses in TN, CA, and WA we just didn't see much response from mailing to that list (compared to what we get with absentee data from Listsource alone).

User Stats

Votes
Sean OToole
  • Investor
  • Truckee, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Truckee, CA
Replied Mar 8 2018, 15:07

@Dev Horn - would love to have you try us vs listsource in CA and WA since it looks like you do business there as well. Unfortunately we are not yet in TN. Let me know if you'd be up for it, I'd be happy to help.

User Stats

Votes
Cornelius Garland
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Mar 10 2018, 00:39

@Ray Hernandez I haven't personally used Property Radar, but I've been using Investor Title Toolbox (ITTB) for about a year now. It's important to note that Rebogateway is a completely different product than ITTB. Both are produced by the same company, but Rebogateway is elementary compared to ITTB. I've pulled close to 100,000 records so far in about every state and the data is fairly consistent across the board. I would say, however, that the filters you can use per county vary. In some areas, beds, bathrooms, and square footage data isn't available. It's unfortunate because I really like using these filters to target my ideal property owner. Nonetheless, I'm having high response rates in all of my markets by using them as my primary list provider. I'm not using the lists to send direct mail to so my experience may be different than other folks that use it. Overall, I would say I'm pleased with it, but there are just a few things about the interface that the can improve on.

Regarding phone numbers, you're not going to find a list provider that provides quality property data and phone numbers. I haven't seen one yet, and if there is one that promises this, then they're likely offering low-quality data. 

I've found that smaller and local list vendors can help out when providing the niche lists, like inherited and probate lists. I would highly recommend searching on Google "Your City-Inherited List Vendor" or something similar. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Mark Pedroza
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sacramento/Placer ~ San Francisco Bay Area counties
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sacramento/Placer ~ San Francisco Bay Area counties
Replied Mar 12 2018, 22:45

@Ray Hernandez

Every probate file has a document titled Duties an Liabilities. On this court-mandated form the PR will provide their name, full address and their landline and/or cell phone number. And if your lucky their e-mail address as well. 

If the PR is out of state (NY, TX, FL, WY, etc.,) they would be more motivated to sell. Here is where your cold calling would be effective.

Also consider Transfer-On-Death Deeds. These are basically deeds that state who the property will pass to upon the death of the owner. This type of deed allows the property to pass to another individual without going through the probate procedure.

Good luck... 

• Real Estate Agent CA (#01858403)

• 1-415-786-6700

User Stats

Votes
David Lee
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
  • Portland, OR
Replied Jul 8 2018, 17:03

-I just signed up for property radar after a bunch of research but the website wasn’t allowing me to sign in once I put my CC info and verified. I just get an error code.
-Being Sunday there doesn’t seem to be any phone support or anything. So I will probably just try another service since most of my research type work will be done on the weekends and they don’t seem to have anyone available sat or Sunday to handle these type issues.

User Stats

Votes
Sean OToole
  • Investor
  • Truckee, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Truckee, CA
Replied Jul 9 2018, 07:36

@David Lee I’m not aware of any company in the space that offers 24x7 support, but we do offer limited support over the weekend, and usually respond to weekend requests in a few hours. Looks like your issue was already resolved, but feel free to pm me if you ever get stuck again. 

User Stats

Votes
Alex Shin
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Oct 21 2018, 13:56

@Cornelius Garland  

Sent you a PM. Would like to connect with other creative and young investors! 

User Stats

Votes
Brad M.
  • Investor
  • Lower Lake, ca
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Lower Lake, ca
Replied Nov 30 2018, 02:35
Originally posted by @Sean OToole:

@Jay Hinrichs thanks for the heads up.

@Ray Hernandez, thanks for asking. 

1. Phone numbers - yes, we offer phone numbers, including cell phones, but only in our Pro package.

2. "inherited homes" - I'm not aware of any way to identify "inherited homes" per se, though some services do sell public record probate filings. I haven't found that to be a good way to go after that market, so we don't offer those specifically. That said, I assume you are interested in offering to buy homes after the death of one of more owners. If that is the case there are far better ways then public record probate filings, which happen late in the process, and which often don't involve the sale of a home, or are even involve a homeowner. Here are a few alternatives:

a. Watch obituaries. These typically appear in your local paper (and even on websites) months or weeks before probate is filed. For each one search the name using a tool like our quick search by name. From there you can see all the details on the property, other owners, etc. If all the owners are deceased, then use ancestry.com or a skip tracing tool to find their heirs.

b. Connect with probate attorneys. There will always be cases where folks want to quickly sell, and the attorney will learn this, and likely refer the person to an investor they know and trust, well before the actual probate is filed. 

c. Connect with service providers. I know an investor that tells me that he has worked with mortuaries to "tastefully" display his cash for homes in any condition advertising. Since mortuaries typically receive the body within hours, he clearly is in front of the heirs well before anyone else. Don't ask me how he does that tastefully, I have no idea, and it is honestly hard for me to fathom.

d. Death of joint tenant filings. We do offer these, but they are a bit like probate filings in that they typically don't show up until after a deal has been done.

Bottom line, if this is your niche, I wouldn't waste my time on probate filings, there are better options.

User Stats

Votes
Christle Stezskal
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Algonquin, IL
Votes |
  • Algonquin, IL
Replied Jul 29 2022, 11:33

I know it's been a while since this thread was started but I'm wondering if anyone would be able to provide an update on their thoughts with these products? I've got a demo set up with ReboGateway next week and was just looking at the TitleToolBox as well. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
David Avetisyan
  • Glendale, CA
Votes |
  • Glendale, CA
Replied Nov 19 2022, 12:30
Quote from @Christle Stezskal:

I know it's been a while since this thread was started but I'm wondering if anyone would be able to provide an update on their thoughts with these products? I've got a demo set up with ReboGateway next week and was just looking at the TitleToolBox as well. Thanks!

Did you try any alternatives?

User Stats

Votes
Christle Stezskal
  • Algonquin, IL
Votes |
  • Algonquin, IL
Replied Nov 23 2022, 15:26

I've just been using PropStream. I've gotten one deal. Not super great call back results.