Market Trends & Data

User Stats

Votes
Aysha Seeni
Votes |
Is this a good area ?

Aysha Seeni
Posted May 19 2022, 12:56

3/2 completely redone property zip 77016 .out of state investor leary of area and appreciation value ROI ,rents

User Stats

Votes
Valentina Calla
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Replied May 23 2022, 10:32

Hello Aysha! I don't work in Texas but I do recommend searching for agents in Houston on this website. They will guide you on which areas have the highest chances of appreciation and inform you of rental rates. Hope this helps!

User Stats

Votes
Aysha Seeni
Votes |
Replied May 23 2022, 10:54

thank you Valentina .I am working with a realtor ,she gives me a blanket statement "all of Houston is appreciating ".

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 23 2022, 11:26

Hey, hard to say exactly what is good or not because it depends on you. I will tell you that this is not the most desirable of location In Houston it has low rental rates with a high crime rate and a lot of older homes. However, there is a lot of potential low home costs, I don’t believe this is a flood zone and a lot of potential for flips or even new constructs if that is more of your interest.

User Stats

Votes
Aysha Seeni
Votes |
Replied May 23 2022, 11:52

thank you Reginald

This one is a newly flipped home as you  plus is that  cost is low but Cash flow is tight  ~200$/month .Per my realtor gentrification happening all over Houston .This is mind boggling closing in 2days .

what would a bigger pockets Pro do ?

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 23 2022, 13:11

I Personally had some land under contract this past December/January but ended up forfeiting my deposit due to issues with the seller. However, if you’re looking for a single family home to buy & hold this area may give you some headaches. If you were doing the flip and going to try and brrrr this property I would suggest it. But your realtor is not wrong Houston is Gentrifying and probably 1-2 streets over you will see some new constructs or newly renovated homes so this may be a good appreciation play. Something that has been a motif on some of the more recent podcasts for long distance investing is also investing the money into viewing the property in person I would definitely suggest this.

User Stats

Votes
Aysha Seeni
Votes |
Replied May 24 2022, 12:20

thanks Reginald 

appreciate the insight 

User Stats

Votes
Wale Lawal
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Replied May 31 2022, 08:25

Hey Aysha, I am an investor agent and the area may change depending on your goal and criteria. 

However, here is a link to understand the Houston market a little better. 

https://www.houstonproperties....

User Stats

Votes
Blaine Gerick
  • Developer
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Houston, TX
Replied Jun 1 2022, 08:25

Hi Aysha, we are currently working with wholesalers in Trinity/Houston Gardens. There is a good amount of BFR interest due to lower land costs and the demand for smaller homes. A good supply of renters with close proximity to Downtown. The downside is a potential crime and the schools in the area which people have already mentioned. I believe this area will see many new developments in the coming years.