Skip to content
Market Trends & Data

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Carrillo
  • Investor
  • seattle, WA
Votes |
Laramie,Wyoming development plan update!

Daniel Carrillo
  • Investor
  • seattle, WA
Posted Jun 30 2022, 08:52

Hello Investors around Wyoming and NOCO area. I wanted to share this information for those who are invested or interested in the Laramie market. The link takes you to Laramie's development plan, which addresses the housing crisis and how the town is planning to solve the problem. I figured it would be valuable information for this group if you didn't know about it already. Pg. 126-129 address the housing strategy but the entire document is very important to understand if you are investing or looking to invest in this university town. What are your thoughts?

https://cityoflaramie.org/Docu...

User Stats

Votes
Sheri Fluellen
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cheyenne, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cheyenne, WY
Replied Jul 3 2022, 16:16

It nice that they're specifically thinking about addressing this.  However the strategy isn't really a plan.... yet.  It's just thoughts about what they hope to be able to accomplish generally speaking. For example, "Seek to partner with financial institutions to capitalize new/expanding developers" just means they have a general intent to try to do this.  Whether it materializes or not, to the workable use of investors, is another matter.  I also think there is some language that makes me pause, as it could provide barriers and unintended consequences to investors. 

User Stats

Votes
Sheri Fluellen
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cheyenne, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cheyenne, WY
Replied Jul 3 2022, 16:17

Because you're local to Laramie, you'll have a good ear to the ground on programs and developments as they happen.  Keep us informed!! :-)

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Jerry W.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Thermopolis, WY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Thermopolis, WY
ModeratorReplied Jul 6 2022, 22:15

Hey @Daniel Carrillo, thanks for the information, it was an interesting read.  A lot of it makes sense, but I don't think that much money will follow it.

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Carrillo
  • Investor
  • seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • seattle, WA
Replied Jul 12 2022, 13:23

Very interesting to hear back from those they are "expecting" to reach. It has been interesting to have conversations about the future of Laramie even though there has been some confusion at times about the implementation of what is "on paper". I will defiantly keep everyone updated so please share with anyone you think this would help. 

@Sheri Fluellen@Jerry W.

User Stats

Votes
Danny Lambert
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Washington, D.C.
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Washington, D.C.
Replied Jul 12 2022, 18:08

Yeah, development plans can be quite useful in knowing the areas that will appreciate.