Skip to content
Market Trends & Data

User Stats

Votes

Waco Tx for Long/Short Term Rental?

Rachel Rosenfeld
Posted Jul 10 2022, 16:12

Looking for some perspective on short and long term rental market in Waco Texas. I’m looking to purchase my first property and live out of state. Any idea on great ppl to connect with in the area? 

User Stats

Votes
Jack Faysash
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Jul 10 2022, 17:38

Chip and Joanna Gaines... But if you're looking to go with a short term rental you should get it as close to "magnolia world" as possible. They attract so many visitors from out of the area that of course will need a place to stay.

User Stats

Votes
Robert Pfenninger
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Waco, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Waco, TX
Replied Jul 10 2022, 20:03

I've lived in Waco my entire life minus my time in the Marines. Almost anything close to "Magnolia world" is over priced (and everything else in and around Waco for that matter) with hotels popping up left and right. In addition, an STR can not be within 500 ft. of another STR in Waco which means you likely wouldn't get approved for a new STR permit anyways. The country is rapidly heading into a recession (and possibly WWIII depending on which news you chose to consume) and I think we've only just begun to get a little taste of what is to come with gas prices, rate hikes, supply chain issues, failed crops, droughts, and layoffs. That being said, there should be a lot of opportunity on the horizon. However, if your buying for cash flow I would stick to long term rentals with a deep discount on acquisition for now. They are hard to find but still out there.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jul 28 2022, 21:44

I say keep for the long term. Austin is cluttered and theres only a few established cities that companies may move to up north. Waco has tremendous potential with the college campus and proximity to VA hospitals

User Stats

Votes
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Oct 9 2022, 10:19

Get with @Cody Cavenaugh, he house hacks in Waco and can give you some good input 

User Stats

Votes
Bryan H.
Votes |

This guy is killing it just outside of Waco. See his interview in this video where he shares all his development costs etc...