Market Trends & Data

User Stats

Votes
Kelly Olson
Votes |
MAGGIE VALLEY, NC INVESTMENT PROPERTIES

Kelly Olson
Posted Jul 19 2022, 12:35

Does anyone have an investment property in this area? I am looking for investment properties for STR's. I was told that this area and also Bryson City are good areas as they are relatively close to Smokey Mountain National park. I am curious if these areas are seasonal or not. Are any towns in WNC that you would recommend?

User Stats

Votes
Loriel Keaton
  • Property Manager
  • Maggie Valley, NC
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Maggie Valley, NC
Replied Jul 19 2022, 14:55

Hi. We own and Maggie a numbers of STR properties in Maggie Valley and are happy to help answer questions. Maggie is a great town!

Loriel

User Stats

Votes
Kelly Olson
Votes |
Replied Jul 20 2022, 09:54
Quote from @Kelly Olson:

Does anyone have an investment property in this area? I am looking for investment properties for STR's. I was told that this area and also Bryson City are good areas as they are relatively close to Smokey Mountain National park. I am curious if these areas are seasonal or not. Are any towns in WNC that you would recommend?

Thanks Loriel,

Are we were up in that area a few weeks ago and loved it, based on your experience what do you think we should be looking for in a vacation rental? Are there certain parts of the area that are better than others? I was thinking about a 3/2 bath. Do you generally find your STR's to be booked more in the summer months than the other times of the year? What about local management companies? Can you recommend a good realtor?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Abigail Gibson
  • Realtor
  • Asheville, NC
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Asheville, NC
Replied Jul 20 2022, 16:56

Bryson & Maggie are both seasonal depending on where you purchase. There are many properties that are on dirt roads and you really really need 4WD to access them. Those properties can do well, but will be inaccessible in Jan, Feb, possibly March. It depends on what your ROI is for you rental properties.

User Stats

Votes
Mike Anderson
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Clayton, GA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Clayton, GA
Replied Jul 20 2022, 20:07
Maggie Valley is a good area, partly because you get the summer draw with the smokies, and the winter draw with the ski resort at cataloochee (im confident i spelled it wrong). They also have a bunch of events throughout the year in Maggie Valley and Waynesville. I'd say its a solid area overall.

User Stats

Votes
Loriel Keaton
  • Property Manager
  • Maggie Valley, NC
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Maggie Valley, NC
Replied Jul 21 2022, 04:27
Quote from @Kelly Olson:
Quote from @Kelly Olson:

Thanks Loriel,

Are we were up in that area a few weeks ago and loved it, based on your experience what do you think we should be looking for in a vacation rental? Are there certain parts of the area that are better than others? I was thinking about a 3/2 bath. Do you generally find your STR's to be booked more in the summer months than the other times of the year? What about local management companies? Can you recommend a good realtor?

User Stats

Votes
Loriel Keaton
  • Property Manager
  • Maggie Valley, NC
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Maggie Valley, NC
Replied Jul 21 2022, 04:28

Hey Kelly,

I sent you a message with more information. 😊

User Stats

Votes
Mitch Davidson
  • Lender
  • Asheville, NC
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Asheville, NC
Replied Jul 25 2022, 12:22

Hi @Kelly Olson. To @Abigail Gibson's point, you really need to be careful with the location. A home can be in Maggie or Bryson by address and yet be 40 minutes of squirrelly roads away from any civilization. Likewise, quite a few homes in the area are devoid of both WIFI and cell signal. Also, if you won't be able to be on site quite a bit during the launch prep, this is probably not the best market. I have a cabin in Bryson myself, and am happy to discuss further with you if you want to setup a call.