• Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati
Votes |
Top investment locations in Cincinnati

Alvin Roehr
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati
Posted Jul 27 2022, 06:44

Doing a poll post on what people think are the TOP locations to buy investment properties In 2022 and why. Any and all input is appreciated!

My ideas are: Silverton/Deer Park, eastern side of the city plenty of multi units, up and coming neighborhoods, great room for potential.
Mount Adams- again another eastern part of town, great for rentals or multi families. Property value is also huge plus in this area.
Downtown/Otr- a bit more on the expensive side if your not looking to do repairs, but get land value and Cincinnatis downtown has been growing rapidly over the last 10 years.

Let me know what you guys think!

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Cornwell#1 Real Estate Success Stories Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Joseph Cornwell#1 Real Estate Success Stories Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Aug 2 2022, 13:03

@Alvin Roehr This is a complex question because it comes down to the investor and what their goals are. There is money to be made in every neighborhood in Cincinnati. Some are great for appreciation, many for cash flow, some offer high ROI for STR, student rentals, travel nursing, etc. Speaking from my personal experience, I own properties ranging from Clifton all the way to Bethel, Ohio in Clermont County to the east. Its about a 30 mile radius and I have seen different benefits of each neighborhood I am invested in. I buy strictly east of I-75 in Hamilton and Clermont county because generally speaking those areas are lower crime, have strong demand and median income, and have given both strong cash flow and appreciation the last 7 years. As it becomes more difficult to achieve returns, you must focus on your goals and then use that as a guide to determine where you want to invest. This is also a rapidly evolving market as each neighborhood ebbs and flows in demand. Personally, I am buying in Clifton, Norwood, Mt. Washington, Deer Park, Reading, and most of Clermont County. There are several other neighborhoods on the east and west side I would buy, but I try to stay within 30 minutes of my personal residence, since I manage my portfolio in house.

If you have any specific questions about neighborhoods I am happy to chat more!