Skip to content
Market Trends & Data

User Stats

Votes
Cansom Qian
Votes |
Any advice on the real estate investments in Houston?

Cansom Qian
Posted Jul 28 2022, 22:25

Friends suggest Sugar land, TX. Is now a suitable to make the investments on real estate?

User Stats

Votes
Blaine Gerick
  • Developer
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Houston, TX
Replied Aug 3 2022, 08:59

Hi Cansom, what strategy are you going for? Sugar Land is a great place to live but might not be ideal for cash flow unless you purchase an older home and put in sweat equity.

User Stats

Votes
Travis Timmons
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Houston, TX
Replied Aug 3 2022, 09:07

I live in Sugar Land...it's a great place but not somewhere that I would invest right now. It's hard to get a place to cash flow here. South and East of Houston probably has the best value/cash flow. Places like Pearland, Alvin, Manvel, pockets of Missouri City. 

BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Cansom Qian
Votes |
Replied Aug 3 2022, 19:55
Quote from @Blaine Gerick:

Hi Cansom, what strategy are you going for? Sugar Land is a great place to live but might not be ideal for cash flow unless you purchase an older home and put in sweat equity.

Thanks so much for the advice, actually the reason of my consideration of the Sugar land is the schools there. I got a friend who live in Austin has bought a house in Sugar land last year, the outcome turn out to be really good. 

User Stats

Votes
Cansom Qian
Votes |
Replied Aug 3 2022, 19:56
Quote from @Travis Timmons:

I live in Sugar Land...it's a great place but not somewhere that I would invest right now. It's hard to get a place to cash flow here. South and East of Houston probably has the best value/cash flow. Places like Pearland, Alvin, Manvel, pockets of Missouri City. 

Thanks! I got the point, let me check the places you mentioned there.