• Investor
  • Georgetown, TX
Votes |
Best Software Tools for Analyzing Markets Remotely

Reid Griffith
  • Investor
  • Georgetown, TX
Posted Aug 28 2022, 18:27

What are the best websites, software, or tools to analyze data for the purpose of real estate investment? (Long term) Interested in the basics for a market such as average rents, property costs, average days on market, info on how many properties are being rented out each month compared to how many are on the market. Population and employment info as well? Doesn't have to all be on the same site.

User Stats

Votes
James Dainard
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Bellevue, WA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Bellevue, WA
Replied Aug 29 2022, 10:08

Hey Reid,

My team uses Rentometer to check average rents in an area. 

Population and employment is usually tracked by the state. In Washington you can look it up through the Office of Financial Management.

You can also try using census data though that's a bit harder to use. I recommend trying to find your states specific department, they should publish stats at minimum once a year if not once a quarter.

Zerodown.com is a decent tool for looking a property statistics.

Hope these help!

User Stats

Votes
Reid Griffith
  • Investor
  • Georgetown, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Georgetown, TX
Replied Sep 16 2022, 05:03

Hey, thanks James. Rentometer seems to be a solid option. I did notice on Zerodown that certain states are not available, for example Indiana. Anyway, I am off to the races, thanks again.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Plato Asadov
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Somerville, MA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Somerville, MA
Replied Oct 7 2022, 15:16

I use dealcheck app which is pretty good and user friendly. Can pull off the real market data from big platforms and give you somewhat accurate predictions

User Stats

Votes
Lee Ripma
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Prairie Village, KS
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Prairie Village, KS
Replied Oct 7 2022, 17:12

VestMap.com gives you MSA level stats, specific location info down to the block and you can find submarkets nationwide with zipfinder (part of vestmap.com). Locations first!