Skip to content
Market Trends & Data

User Stats

Votes
Jorge Juarez
Votes |
New investor, deciding whether to go Long-term rental or short.

Jorge Juarez
Posted Sep 6 2022, 12:06

Hello everyone, I have been on the fence on a AirBNB or long term rental. This will be my first property and still nervous about which direction to head for. Would love to purchase close to where I live, have been trying to analyze properties using the Calculator but am not getting numbers that make me feel confident. Any advice would help.

User Stats

Votes
Dallas Regimbal
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Oregon
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Oregon
Replied Sep 6 2022, 12:31

@Jorge JuarezI would recommend if you do go the short term rental route to be sure you do your due diligence and be sure the numbers would still cash flow as a long term rental. This is because you never know what the future hold as far as zoning, laws, and regulations go with STRs every market it different and subject to change. It would be a good idea to ensure the property you purchase will be positive cash flow for both STR and LTR to limit your risk. I hope this helps!

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Sep 6 2022, 12:35

Find an area where either would work. More importantly, do a bunch of searches here and you will get a bunch of good info to evaluate....

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.