Votes
Satya Y.
  • Investor
Votes |
4Plex (BFR) investments in Odgen, UT

Satya Y.
  • Investor
Posted Sep 7 2022, 18:59

I am looking to purchase new construction 4plex investment property in Ogden UT area (12th & Washington blvd). Price point around 1.1M 

Would like to know about Ogden UT real estate market, any   large price correction in pipeline?  Also how are the vacancy rates and new inventories?

Will there be rental value compression?  Co- star reports 9+% vacancy rates which seems very high. Is that normal in that area? 

What will be the long term growth potential for Ogden in next 5 years?

Any other pit falls to avoid? 

Thanks in advance 

User Stats

Votes
John Laney
  • Investor
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Portland, OR
Replied Sep 9 2022, 21:36

hey @Satya Y.

This sounds like a FIG project.  I'm also an investor with them on the same project.  

While I do not have any specific undestanding of Ogden (or Utah for that matter) I do know these guys are pros at what they do, and they focus on markets with great opportunities for potential.  

I invested a few years back with their NAMPA build and am very happy.  

Happy to discuss, John

User Stats

Votes
Carl Davis
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Utah
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Utah
Replied Sep 10 2022, 02:36

I deal with mainly SFH with ADU's or MIL apartments and own two rentals in Ogden myself. I can't speak too much on new multifamily construction however the NAR reported in August that the Ogden-Clearfield area was the number 10 gaining metropolitan area in appreciation in the country in 2022 Q2 at 25.5 percent.

This is partially why I have a lot of faith in the market. Weber county is also the cheapest county within the "corridor" (median price between Davis, SLC, and Utah counties). With higher interest rates looming and the Northrop Grumman building just finished in the Riverdale area there will be more people looking for homes in this area.

Ogden also seems like it's going through a period of gentrification. New construction everywhere but don't have a lot of data to back that but I'm sure you could find some.

As far as vacancy goes I could believe it depending on your rental price points. Seems like there is no shortage of people needing to rent but to find qualified tenants has been our biggest struggle.

Message me if you have any questions.

• Real Estate Agent Utah (# 12669906-SA00)

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Satya Y.
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Sep 10 2022, 14:58
Quote from @John Laney:

hey @Satya Y.

This sounds like a FIG project.  I'm also an investor with them on the same project.  

While I do not have any specific undestanding of Ogden (or Utah for that matter) I do know these guys are pros at what they do, and they focus on markets with great opportunities for potential.  

I invested a few years back with their NAMPA build and am very happy.  

Happy to discuss, John

Thanks John.
I will DM to discuss about this.

User Stats

Votes
River Sava#3 Classifieds Contributor
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Sep 12 2022, 12:17

Hi Satya- 

Would love to connect as I am familiar with the area and specialize in multi-plex investment properties. Sent you a friend request!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 12 2022, 12:20

I know nothing of the real estate market there.

However, Ogden, UT is a pretty decent IRS processing facility, that address is listed on a ton of things.

With the IRS adding 87,000 jobs, the market there is probably likely to boom.