• Investor
  • Pasadena, CA
Votes |
Looking into the Omaha, NE market

Christian Ott
  • Investor
  • Pasadena, CA
Posted Sep 10 2022, 10:46

I'm looking for a rental property (single family or 2-4 unit multi-family) in Omaha, NE. Looking to spend up to $200k (with up to 50% down).

Any suggestions on areas, agents, property managers. I took a quick look on Zillow and Mashvisor and the market looks very interesting. Anything I have to keep in mind or worry about?

User Stats

Votes
Ryann Kluthe
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Sep 12 2022, 08:00

Hey Christian,

I'd be happy to chat with you today about the Omaha market. I'm a licensed agent with Berkshire Hahtaway Homeservices Ambassador Realestate and most of my business is with investors and I also have rentals myself. I'll message you my number if you want to reach out.

User Stats

Votes
Alexander Szikla
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New York City
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New York City
Replied Sep 12 2022, 10:24

Visited Omaha last spring for the Berkshire Hathaway shareholder's meeting and, naturally, took a few detours to check out some real estate. 

Omaha is a very architecturally pleasing city - but I was surprised a the low yield opportunities I was finding. Not crazy low, but more compressed than I would have hoped for. 

The north of the city seems to offer but returns, but crime is a bit higher in those parts. 

Just my two cents! 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jeffrey Reynolds
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Oct 1 2022, 22:11

Hi Christian,

I just visited Omaha for work, and I took time to drive around several parts. I was intrigued by the amount of work being done in the area. I think you’ll find lots of development happening in several areas (midtown, Bellevue, just to name a couple). I visited an area of Omaha that is being “revitalized” and spoke with a local proprietor who shared current happenings as well as some rumblings of future endeavors. Needless to say, Im also interested in this market. Message me if you’d like to speak in more detail. I’d be curious what drew you to this market. Maybe there is overlap. Best of luck. 

User Stats

Votes
Monica Albers
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Oct 2 2022, 08:47

Christian, I sent you a listing that matches your criteria in the South Omaha Area. I also included a link to Rent O Meter for your review.

Ty, Mo Albers Realtor DVG kwELITE