User Stats

Votes
Cory Rickard
Votes |
Chandler, AZ STR Market

Cory Rickard
Posted Sep 15 2022, 14:53

Hey All!  

I'm new to BP and wondering what anyone's thoughts or recent/current experience is on the Chandler, AZ market. I'd like to grab a place to rent out as a STR and also use a little myself. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Curtis Bluth
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Gilbert, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Gilbert, AZ
Replied Sep 15 2022, 21:25

DM me, I am happy to help. Very familiar with STR's and currently live in the southeast valley myself.

User Stats

Votes
Doug McVinua
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Queen Creek, AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Queen Creek, AZ
Replied Sep 16 2022, 08:34

@Cory Rickard Location is generally extremely important in the Short Term Rental world. You want to be near entertainment, restaurants, etc. that draw.

Chandler downtown has done very well the last ten years or so, attracting restaurants, a new theater, coffee shops, etc that would make that area attractive. I happen to have a condo/townhouse for sale in downtown Chandler that would make a great short-term rental. It's a short walk to downtown and all that is offered. The property has a nice two-car garage, three bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, a community pool, and more. It's an easy lock and leave as the HOA maintains the exterior. It has a long-term tenant in it right now.

Blue Sky Living, LLC Logo
BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Jack Tulloch
Pro Member
#2 Mortgage Brokers & Lenders Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Mortgage Brokers & Lenders Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Replied Sep 16 2022, 09:03

I think Chandler presents a great opportunity for STRS! I would recommend checking the numbers on Airdna to see what the projected income is. I'd be happy to run the numbers for you if you do not have an Airdna account. Feel free to message me.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 16 2022, 13:16
Quote from @Doug McVinua:

@Cory Rickard Location is generally extremely important in the Short Term Rental world. You want to be near entertainment, restaurants, etc. that draw.

Chandler downtown has done very well the last ten years or so, attracting restaurants, a new theater, coffee shops, etc that would make that area attractive. I happen to have a condo/townhouse for sale in downtown Chandler that would make a great short-term rental. It's a short walk to downtown and all that is offered. The property has a nice two-car garage, three bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, a community pool, and more. It's an easy lock and leave as the HOA maintains the exterior. It has a long-term tenant in it right now.

Hi Doug,

I'm also looking in the chandler area...could you dm me the property?

Thanks so much!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 16 2022, 13:26

Hi Cory and welcome to BP!

One thing that's advantageous for a Chandler STR are all the tech companies in the area (Intel, NXP, Microchip etc) that hire people out of state along with being near to ASU for families visiting students. Just my 2cents since I'm new to investing myself. All the best to you!

User Stats

Votes
Natasha Reeves
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chandler, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chandler, AZ
Replied Sep 16 2022, 19:44

Hey @Cory Rickard

I have a friend whose entire STR portfolio is almost all Chandler and Gilbert. He breaks down a lot of the details through expenses and types of properties he buys. You can find him on instagram: passiveincomegolfer - He has a following of 32K+

Also, if you would like help looking for deals, I'd love to help you out!

User Stats

Votes
Marisa Moore
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Sep 22 2022, 16:27

I think Chandler is a great opportunity for flips and rentals! Very family oriented and like someone else on this post mentioned, some tech companies plan on developing in that area. 

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Sep 22 2022, 16:32

I spent last weekend down in the valley running around....spent a while in that area, played disc golf and then ate in Gilbert. Seemed like a great area and gave the feeling of being on the move upward.

I wouldn't trust AirDna, but would go directly to the platforms themselves (VRBO/AIR) and see exactly what your potential competitors are getting in terms or occupancy and rates.....