Skip to content
Market Trends & Data

User Stats

Votes
Steven Denio
  • Investor From Portland, OR
Votes |
hunting for a IO loan at 65% LTV at a decent rate.

Steven Denio
Posted Oct 18 2022, 14:02

Hey there, just curious if anyone is seeing any decent private money rates for investments properties. I have a place I'm looking to refi out at 65% and hoping to find a IO in and around 5% if possible. 

User Stats

Votes
Scott E.
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Oct 18 2022, 14:08

I've had a lot of conversations with various lenders over the past couple weeks. I've been looking for some better terms on some of my development debt.

I don't think you're going to find a fully amortized loan on a cash-out-refi at 7%, let alone an interest-only loan at 5%.

Not a great time to borrow money... and looks like it's going to get worse before it gets better.

User Stats

Votes
Tarik Turner
Lender
  • Lender
  • Hackensack, NJ
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Hackensack, NJ
Replied Oct 19 2022, 08:03
As of 10/19/2022 I can say with a fair amount of confidence a 5% interest only loan on a refi of an investment property isn't happening. (unless you have an uncle willing to cut a check)
You might be able to get into the mid 6% range on a 30 year but that would probably be the lowest rate that you will find.
Best of luck tho, hope you are able to land something favorable for your situation
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Scott Wolf
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Boca Raton, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Boca Raton, FL
Replied Oct 24 2022, 16:12
Quote from @Steven Denio:

Hey there, just curious if anyone is seeing any decent private money rates for investments properties. I have a place I'm looking to refi out at 65% and hoping to find a IO in and around 5% if possible. 

What is the property type, current value, and term you're seeking?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 24 2022, 16:18
Quote from @Scott Wolf:

Sfr-$950k. 3-5year cash out refi

User Stats

Votes
Issac San Miguel
  • Lender
  • Austin Texas
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Austin Texas
Replied Oct 27 2022, 17:01
Quote from @Scott Wolf:

Sfr-$950k. 3-5year cash out refi

what does this rent for, market or in place rent, not str…….

It’s possible you could bridge it but bridge lenders are not favorable to cash out right now. 

User Stats

Votes
Dave Skow
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Oct 27 2022, 17:17

@Steven Denio- more than likely there  are no  long term IO options for INV property ....if  you  find one - the rate  will be north of  7%  and likely  short term ( 1-2 yrs )

User Stats

Votes
Steven Denio
Votes |
Replied Oct 29 2022, 14:22

@scott 

@Scott Wolf - a 2 to 5 year product on a SFR residential home. Current comps are around 950K. I'm looking to cash out refi at 65% LTV

User Stats

Votes
Harrison George
  • Lender
  • Meridian, ID
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Meridian, ID
Replied Dec 12 2022, 11:35

hi Steven! We have an IO loan for investment at 70%. Rates are not in the 5's but the way this loan operates peoples effective rate that qualify are significantly better than even rates 8 months ago! its called the ALL IN ONE and it is works like nothing else out there.