Skip to content
Market Trends & Data

User Stats

Votes
Emily Anderson
Votes |
Investing in Fresno | Why are there more bookings in the summer than in winter?

Emily Anderson
Posted Jan 13 2024, 11:16

So, I came accross a short term rental market analysis report for the city of Fresno, and found a really interesting chart representing the seasonality of the short term rentals. 

Never heard about this company before, but they claim to use raw data from Airbnb, and frankly I found them to be more accurate than Airdna. In any case, I attach below a screenshoot of the seasonality page for Fresno, CA.

You can see that the demand is higher in the summer than in the winter season. If you are running an Airbnb in this municipality, do you see this being the case? Are the bookings in December and January lower than in the summer seasson? 

Thanks for your answers in advance.

P.S. By the way, if you are curious to check it out, go to onera-group.com, register and you will find somewhere on their page the report for Fresno. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 14 2024, 07:24
Quote from @Emily Anderson:

So, I came accross a short term rental market analysis report for the city of Fresno, and found a really interesting chart representing the seasonality of the short term rentals. 

Never heard about this company before, but they claim to use raw data from Airbnb, and frankly I found them to be more accurate than Airdna. In any case, I attach below a screenshoot of the seasonality page for Fresno, CA.

You can see that the demand is higher in the summer than in the winter season. If you are running an Airbnb in this municipality, do you see this being the case? Are the bookings in December and January lower than in the summer seasson? 

P.S. By the way, if you are curious to check it out, go to onera-group.com, register and you will find somewhere on their page the report for Fresno. 

have you check the seasonality of tourism to Yosemite area ? you need to decipher first why they need to stay in Fresno.

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Zimmerman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fresno, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fresno, CA
Replied Jan 15 2024, 10:43

that's really fascinating, I'm curious what they concider "Fresno" in their chart.  Fresno County includes quite a few mountain areas and I wonder if those are included in this chart since the chart peaks in the summer time.  

@Emily Anderson is there any data showing their sample areas?  thanks! 

• Real Estate Agent CA (#02039326)

Realty Concepts Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jason Pritchard
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Clovis, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Clovis, CA
Replied Jan 15 2024, 13:29

Hi Emily,

Thanks for sending this over.  We own 3 Airbnbs in Fresno and have noticed that the demand wanes in the winter months compared to summer.  I am going to pass along onera-group.com with my team...thanks for the share.

User Stats

Votes
Emily Anderson
Votes |
Replied Jan 15 2024, 14:33
Quote from @Carlos Ptriawan:
Quote from @Emily Anderson:

have you check the seasonality of tourism to Yosemite area ? you need to decipher first why they need to stay in Fresno.

Great point! I haven't done it so far, and I will do it now. I think there might be other municipalities outside of Fresno that could have more demand, and better prices. The only issue I see is that the report from Onera Group only provided Fresno data for free. I think you have to pay 100$ for reports for other municipalities. 

User Stats

Votes
Emily Anderson
Votes |
Replied Jan 15 2024, 14:38
Quote from @Jason Pritchard:

Hi Emily,

Thanks for sending this over.  We own 3 Airbnbs in Fresno and have noticed that the demand wanes in the winter months compared to summer.  I am going to pass along onera-group.com with my team...thanks for the share.

Hey Jason,

Appreciate you dropping your insights on this! I initially thought Fresno's peak was in the winter, but your info lines up with the data in their reports. Thanks for confirming that!

User Stats

Votes
Emily Anderson
Votes |
Replied Jan 15 2024, 14:48
Quote from @Jeff Zimmerman:

that's really fascinating, I'm curious what they concider "Fresno" in their chart.  Fresno County includes quite a few mountain areas and I wonder if those are included in this chart since the chart peaks in the summer time.  

@Emily Anderson is there any data showing their sample areas?  thanks! 

Hey Jeff,

Just wanted to give you a heads up – I snagged a screenshot of the first page of their report

Looks like the mountain areas aren't included, probably under a different municipality.

I stumbled upon this report on their website, after signing up for their free account. I am starting to think that their tool provides more insights than Airdna. 

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Zimmerman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fresno, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fresno, CA
Replied Jan 15 2024, 14:58

oh wow that's actually a good sample area, thanks for sharing that, that's going to be really helpful. 

• Real Estate Agent CA (#02039326)

Realty Concepts Logo