Votes
Abner Sanchez
  • New to Real Estate
Votes |
19 YEARS OLD FHA LOAN

Abner Sanchez
  • New to Real Estate
Posted Aug 1 2022, 20:13

Hey Guys, I'm Abner. I just have a quick question. Is it possible to obtain an FHA loan with only 18 months of work history? I have done my research and seen that I can use my College Education (school history) to make up for the 6 months of work history that are missing. So a little bit more info on my job. I am a pizza delivery driver that has been working there for 19 months (started in early January of 2021 and present) and roughly make about 20k a year and have a great credit score. My goal is to obtain a FHA loan so my and my dad come move out and start this real estate journey, but my concern is if i can obtain a FHA Loan with only 19 Months of work History. Keep in mind my dad isn't a citizen so NO he cant be a cosigner. Feel free to drop any recommended Mortgage Lenders that you feel could help me out in getting a FHA Loan. As always stay blessed and stay safe. Thanks (P.S I also have about 24k saved up)

User Stats

Votes
Joaquin Camarasa
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Springfield VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Springfield VA
Replied Aug 2 2022, 04:35

Hola Abner, 

If you have a W2 you should be good to go to qualify for a loan. If you are a 1099 employee then you will need 2 years of tax returns and they will average the amount you made on those two years.

You should be good with cash available with the 24k as you can potentially have the seller to pay your closing costs on the current market. 

The main problem you are going to have is that the amount they will qualify you for, it will be pretty low, your salary is not high enough. I don't know the Cleveland market but I think you might not make enough money to purchase. I'd focus on getting a higher paying job. 

If your dad works and has an Itin number, there are lenders that can work with him as well and you both could increase your purchasing power.

Feel free to private message me and we can set up some goals for your future. I admire how you are trying to look out for your dad and have a better future for the both of you. 

User Stats

Votes
Shane Kelly
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Aug 2 2022, 07:04

Hey! I don't know everything in the world about what it takes to qualify for a mortgage, but I sure know people who do! You can shoot me a PM and I can connect you with them or they can chime in here if they'd like to. @Muhammad Amawi @Rachael Mathes

Best of luck!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Ashley Cross
  • Lender
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Aug 2 2022, 07:59

With great credit you should be fine for a FHA loan. The prices are pretty affordable in Cleveland so you should be able to get a good househack. I had another client start with househacking in Cleveland and she's now on 20+ units after less than 3 years.

User Stats

Votes
Muhammad Amawi
  • Investor
  • Cleveland
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Cleveland
Replied Aug 2 2022, 08:03

Hey Abner,

That's a great question. Let's connect so I can better understand your unique situation. I just sent you a PM.

User Stats

Votes
Abner Sanchez
  • New to Real Estate
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
Replied Aug 2 2022, 14:47
Quote from @Ashley Cross:

With great credit you should be fine for a FHA loan. The prices are pretty affordable in Cleveland so you should be able to get a good househack. I had another client start with househacking in Cleveland and she's now on 20+ units after less than 3 years.

Wow thats impressive, thats also a goal of mine at the moment is trying to figure out how to get multiple Great units off of great deals and hoe to fund them. Would you mind if I could get her name and number or is that something you're not allowed to give. Anyway thanks and God Bless. 

User Stats

Votes
Ashley Cross
  • Lender
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Aug 2 2022, 16:14

I could never give a client’s personal info but she has a pretty big following on Instagram. Look up Lattes and Leases