• Southern California
Votes |
2 - 1 rate buy down saving deals!

Nicholas Coulter
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Southern California
Posted Oct 28 2022, 21:55

Hey House hacking community!

I recently got a someone a deal in Moreno Valley and while working with their lender we got a great deal with a 2 - 1rate buy down. I was able to negotiate the seller to cover the rate buy down and the entire closing cost which will lower the clients mortgage by 600 the first year and 300 the second. 

This takes her from living for free to cash flowing wile there by 600! The bummer here is her rate goes back up in 2 years to the normal rates now of 6.79%. But the seller is paying for the buy down and were hoping to get a refi for her in 2 years!

Its super important to have a lender and agent who work together to have these conversations!

Any questions about this I am willing to answer!

User Stats

Votes
Luke Stewart
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Oct 29 2022, 06:56

This is awesome! That's a solid strategy for the current market, we just have to hope rates drop in 2 years (which i think will happen but no one really knows), I may talk about this with my lender and agent!

User Stats

Votes
Nate Sanow
Pro Member
  • I​nvestor & Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Votes |
Pro Member
  • I​nvestor & Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Replied Oct 29 2022, 07:25

This is how stuff was negotiated 2012-2019, its cool seeing it come back… even if I am starting to miss the hot sellers market in some ways. Anyway, congratulations on the deal well done!

IntellCRE logo
IntellCRE
|
Sponsored
Supercharge Your Multifamily Investing with AI Source, screen, evaluate, underwrite, and act on hundreds of deals with data and confidence!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 30 2022, 18:05

Can you explain what a 2-1 rate buy down is? Sounds pretty creative. 

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas Coulter
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Southern California
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Southern California
Replied Oct 30 2022, 21:01
Quote from @DeAndre Mason:

Can you explain what a 2-1 rate buy down is? Sounds pretty creative. 

Yeah you can buy down the rate by 2% the first year and 1 % the second year. 3rd it’s back to the rate you lock today. It’s best when you can get the seller to pay for it in concession !