House Hacking

User Stats

Votes
Jack Seilus
Votes |
Let's meet for coffee - I'll pay for yours

Jack Seilus
Posted Nov 13 2022, 16:26

Hello investors of Charlotte, NC! I'm new to real estate investing and I would love to ask questions to investors who have experience in house hacking. I love the idea of house hacking and would love to give it a shot. Please reach out to me if you have any interest in real estate convos and/or (FREE!!!!) coffee. 

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas Coulter
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Southern California
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Southern California
Replied Nov 13 2022, 18:46

@Jack Seilus I am not in NC but I am more than willing to jump on a quick call to drop what knowledge I have. I have experience in Rent by the room and STR house hacking!

User Stats

Votes
Donnie Maguire
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Nov 14 2022, 05:44

Hey John,

I am in Charlotte and currently living in a house hack with another long term rental in Noda. I am also a licensed agent in NC/SC, shoot me a message and hopefully I can answer some questions for you.

Welcome to the community, there are tons of good real estate investor meetups in the area that would be beneficial to attend and network as well. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jon Puente
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Nov 14 2022, 06:07

Hey John, I live in Charlotte, NC and would be happy to meet! There are so many ways you can house hack, and I am happy to share what I know on the lending side of things about house hacking. 

Let me know! 

User Stats

Votes
Laura Shinkle
  • Realtor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Nov 28 2022, 15:13

Hi @Jack Seilus I'm excited for you! Househacking is a great strategy. There's several ways to go about it, some of which work in CLT and some really don't. Multifamily properties are tough here, and not worth it for the price IMO for the decent locations. If you're open to getting something with a separate living space, a converted garage ADU or even easier, have roommates, then you're golden.

Let me know if you have specific questions, I'm happy to help. I'm also a Realtor in NC/SC so can speak to the current market as well. 

Happy investing!

User Stats

Votes
Princess Small
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Dec 2 2022, 06:40

Hey @Jack Seilus. I'm about to start HH'ing again after taking a break. Gonna aim for more MTR than STR. I'm in Raintree. All the best to us both!

User Stats

Votes
Maranda Tucker
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Dec 9 2022, 13:01

Hey @Jack Seilus , there are several meet up groups you might want to chec out as well. My favorite meetsw once a month at Carolina Beer Temple in Matthews. Let me know if you want me to send the FB group your way for you to join!

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Batchelor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Jan 2 2023, 22:53

Hey, I house hack and always love chatting real estate. DM me if you want to set up a call. I'm in San Diego.

User Stats

Votes
Ace Kaspar
  • Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Replied Jan 3 2023, 06:30

Hi John, 

I am a little late to the party here but I just saw this post and I have been house hacking for the last year and going on my second year. I live in fayetteville and commute to Charlotte, NC and other parts of the Carolinas often.

If you want to set up a call that would work for me. Just DM me if you want to set something up.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Thomson#1 House Hacking Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Jan 3 2023, 08:34

Hey @Jack Seilus House Hacking is amazing.

2. For resources I really like the following House Hacking episodes on Bigger Pockets Podcast: #352, #252, #350, and #249. Also, Craig Curelop's book on House Hacking is a great resource.

3. Happy to talk if you want any more advice.

4. Great beginners guide: https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Ultimate_Beginners_Guide_BiggerPockets.pdf

5. Set for Life by Scott Trench is also a fantastic book

House Hack Colorado Springs Logo

User Stats

Votes
Laura Shinkle
  • Realtor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Jan 3 2023, 09:49

@Jack Seilus were you able to connect with some folks?