Skip to content
House Hacking

User Stats

Votes

Relocating family to househack

Kayla Greichunos
Posted Jan 31 2023, 04:19

Greetings! My husband and I, along with our toddler want to move from our current location to a spot with less frigid temps. Husband is a tinner, works outside mostly so he's done freezing. Our plan is to buy a multi unit and move in one unit. We're totally good if it's a bit of a fixer upper. We got approved for up to $180,000 which is less than I was expecting. I'm wondering if anyone can point me in a direction or link me with other investors that maybe have properties that meet those two specifications (warm weather/safe location). We've moved across country twice before and have bought 4 homes. We're familiar with the process and love real estate. Hoping to really level up this year and use our knowledge for good. Thank you, any feedback is appreciated. 

User Stats

Votes
Jared Hottle
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cedar falls IA Waterloo, IA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cedar falls IA Waterloo, IA
Replied Jan 31 2023, 05:27

Congratulations on your plans to invest in real estate! To find properties that meet your criteria of warm weather and a safe location, you can consider the following steps:

1. Research online: Use online real estate websites such as Zillow, Redfin, and Realtor.com to search for multi-unit properties in warm weather locations. You can also use online forums and real estate investment groups to connect with other investors and get information about properties for sale.
  2. Work with a real estate agent: Find a real estate agent who specializes in investment properties and ask them to help you find properties in your desired area. They can provide you with valuable insights into the local market and help you identify properties that meet your criteria.
  3. Attend real estate events and networking opportunities: Attend real estate events and conferences, and connect with other real estate investors to learn about properties that may be available.
  4. Utilize real estate investment platforms: Consider using online real estate investment platforms such as Fundrise, Roofstock, or RealtyMogul to find properties that meet your criteria. These platforms allow you to invest in real estate from the comfort of your own home.

Remember to carefully evaluate each property and consider all aspects of the investment, including the local real estate market, rental demand, and potential for appreciation, before making a decision. Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Thomson#1 House Hacking Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Jan 31 2023, 09:38

@Kayla Greichunos sounds like a great idea!

House Hack Colorado Springs Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jaron Walling
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Jan 31 2023, 10:12

@Kayla Greichunos Take me with you! 

User Stats

Votes
Kayla Greichunos
Replied Feb 1 2023, 04:31
Quote from @Ryan Thomson:

@Kayla Greichunos sounds like a great idea!

We lived in the Springs in 2015😊

User Stats

Votes
Kayla Greichunos
Replied Feb 1 2023, 04:35
Quote from @Jaron Walling:

@Kayla Greichunos Take me with you! 

I'm not far from you now. I look in indy and the surrounding areas sometimes, mostly for LTR or possibly MTR but was worried about oversaturation with that. We just can't do the winter anymore😆

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Thomson#1 House Hacking Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Feb 1 2023, 10:19

@Kayla Greichunos wild! It's a great place to live. Definitely not going to work for the 180k number though :(

House Hack Colorado Springs Logo