User Stats

Votes
Jesse Alfonzo
Votes |
Effective Communication with Potential MTR Tenants - FF

Jesse Alfonzo
Posted Dec 16 2022, 11:01

Hello BP teammates!

I have an STR/MTR (slow season) in TX. I have my property listed on FF and I am actively reaching out to tenants via email, FF instant messaging and text message. I have not received a single response! I came to the BP Community to get some wisdom and learn what I am doing wrong with my communication. Is there a certain format or template when reaching out to potential guests? Thank you

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas Coulter
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Southern California
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Southern California
Replied Dec 17 2022, 10:01

@Jesse Alfonzo it would be hard to give feedback without seeing your communication. Have you tried listing it elsewhere than FF? You can also try calling local insurance agents to get on a list of houses to send people who are vacated from their homes and placed through insurance companies. 

User Stats

Votes
Heather Brown
  • Investor
  • NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • NC
Replied Dec 17 2022, 17:27

@Jesse Alfonzo I am having similar problems. My place has been listed on FF for over a month and no leads yet. I've done lots of troubleshooting and no change in results. So unfortunately I don't have advice, but thought it might help to know that you're not the only one.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jewel B.
  • New to Real Estate
  • Lehigh Valley, PA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Lehigh Valley, PA
Replied Dec 18 2022, 22:13
Quote from @Jesse Alfonzo:

Hello BP teammates!

I have an STR/MTR (slow season) in TX. I have my property listed on FF and I am actively reaching out to tenants via email, FF instant messaging and text message. I have not received a single response! I came to the BP Community to get some wisdom and learn what I am doing wrong with my communication. Is there a certain format or template when reaching out to potential guests? Thank you

Have you tried listing it on other sites like Airbnb?

Have you tried going into Facebook groups for traveling nurses?

Have you tried contacting the HR departments of local hospitals?

Have you tried contacting your local tourism office for job placements?

Have you tried other B2B contacts such as insurance companies?

User Stats

Votes
Allen Duan
Pro Member
#3 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Dec 19 2022, 13:29

To answer your question about messaging leads found on Furnished Finder, we message through the website, email, and text if they provide those. Haven't had any problems with those 3 methods. December has been slow, which is typical, and we've been getting less responses than usual.

Have you had this trouble for a while or just recently? If just recently, definitely wait till January and see if response rates change. In Los Angeles, I'm not seeing anyone looking for housing any earlier than the second week of January. Everyone's either home for the holidays or in the middle of a current stay.

User Stats

Votes
Mo Maktari
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Dec 21 2022, 13:52

I've also recently posted on FF, Airbnb and VRBO for my 2bed/1 bed duplex unit and FF has been pretty consistent with an average of 1 request every 1-3 days or so the last 3 weeks. Airbnb has been alittle less consistent but none the less the requests are there. My property is in Tarpon Springs, FL (30-40 min from Tampa/St.Pete) so imma say location is key. I've had a mixture of traveling nurses, military, students and snow birds requesting.

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Esparza
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Dec 22 2022, 07:23

I think having it on VRBO/AIRBNB is the way to go. I set my minimum stay to 30 or more days 30 days from now and have a 3 day-minimum leading up to that. The reason I do this is because if you set your minimum stay to 30 days or more from day 1, no one will book your house (at least not likely) tomorrow for 30 days or more given they probably had to plan a little for that extensive of a stay. Doing this, I was able to get my first 30 day or more stay and filled in the weeks leading up to the stay with short-term stays to fill vacancy. 

I hope this helps.