• Tampa, FL
Votes |
Furnished Finder Rent Payment Method

Mo Maktari
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Dec 21 2022, 12:33

Hi guys! I have my first mid-term renter booked while using Furnished Finder. Beside using KeyCheck through FF, what other options does the BP community use? I appreciate any and all inputs!

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Esparza
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Dec 22 2022, 07:29

I typically prefer AirBnb for my mid-term rental bookings but with that being said I had a guest reach out on Furnished Finder and asked to book. I used the keycheck to screen the guest and write up the lease. However, I use RentRedi to upload the lease for signatures and collect any payment. I think this is the way to go if they don't book via Airbnb/VRBO

User Stats

Votes
Allen Duan
Pro Member
#3 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Dec 23 2022, 11:25

I think you're options are to use property management software, like RentRedi, or manually send them invoices through a website like Paypal or Stripe.

We use Hostfully to manage everything related to direct bookings off of Airbnb. It's designed for short term rentals, which I like as I believe managing mid term rentals is more similar to managing short term rentals than long term rentals.

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Mo Maktari
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Dec 23 2022, 11:28

Yeah I ended up using KeyCheck through FF. Used the lease and screening through them also. I’m going to try to use pan other platform to accept rent so we’ll see. Appreciate the input gents

User Stats

Votes
Patti Connolly
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Allentown, PA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Allentown, PA
Replied Dec 30 2022, 17:35

Hi Mo!   I personally use turbotenant and apartments.com to collect payment.  Only issue is if you are renting by the room, you can only have one party per house with apartments.com.  This is why I used went to turbotenant as you can create multiple units.   Best of Luck!