• Oklahoma City
Votes |
Furnish Finder vs ?

Ren Lok
Pro Member
  • Oklahoma City
Posted May 26 2023, 12:39

Hey everyone,

Apart from Furnish Finder, where are you guys posting your Mid-term Rentals?

We have a place almost completed, 5 mins away from a major Hospital.

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Jamie Banks
Pro Member
#1 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Replied May 26 2023, 13:16

I also list on Zillow, Airbnb, VRBO, and Hello Landing. Most of my travel nurse / medical professional bookings have come from Furnished Finder but the other sites usually appeal to other tenant types like digital nomads, relocating families, etc. 

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Hartvigsen
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaverton, OR
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaverton, OR
Replied May 26 2023, 13:17

Hi Ren,

I post my mid-term rentals on Furnished Finder, and Airbnb (30 minimum setting for bookings). In addition, there are Facebook groups for travel nurses where you can post your housing. You have to be invited and approved for the group.

I also asked each of my previous nurses which company placed them in my area, then asked for the recruiter's contact information.  I contacted the recruiter directly and provided them a flyer for my property so they can include it when placing future travel nurses in my area.

If you have multiple units (usually there is a minimum of 4 or 5), then the hospital is usually willing to share your information with their inbound travel staff.

Best wishes,

Melissa

• Real Estate Agent

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Allen Duan
Pro Member
#3 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied May 26 2023, 15:51

After Furnished Finder, Airbnb is definitely the next place you want to list solely because of how much traffic they get. Depending on who you're targeting to rent your MTR, each website has it's benefits. Furnished Finder is great for travel nurses and more budget conscious travelers. Airbnb can get you more high value bookings if you're property attracts those. 

User Stats

Votes
Bonnie Low
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cottonwood, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cottonwood, CA
Replied May 27 2023, 14:50

I only list on Furnished Finder currently and stay full. I do occasionally post about it on some of the social media sites for travel nurses, such as Travel Nurse Gypsy Housing for example. I have a 1/1 and a 2/1 and although I'm seeing lots of different types of travelers, the ones who have been booking my place have all been traveling medical professionals. I've considered putting it on Airbnb but haven't needed to yet.