Medium-Term Rentals

User Stats

Votes
Mose Gebremeskel
Votes |
Experience with using Furnished Finder

Mose Gebremeskel
Posted Jan 12 2024, 11:32

Curious what's people's experience with using Furnished Finder for your MTR. Also what other alternatives are there if I'm primarily looking for those in the medical fields? 

User Stats

Votes
Charlie Tunstall
  • Investor
  • Mt Pleasant, SC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Mt Pleasant, SC
Replied Jan 12 2024, 11:44

I receive a lot of inquiry from them, but all of my bookings have come through Airbnb

User Stats

Votes
Shannon Strickland
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Northern Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Northern Virginia
Replied Jan 12 2024, 12:16

@Mose Gebremeskel

If you search using the magnifying glass above with the keywords "furnished finder," you will find various informative discussions about this topic.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Lauren Kormylo
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Jan 12 2024, 13:55

I listed my beach house there this summer to rent it monthly in the winter, which is the slow season. There is a hospital about 7 miles away. I’ve gotten multiple inquiries and 3 requests for showings. 2 of those showings went with other rentals due to location, and one tried to lowball me with a ridiculous price. Most of the general inquiries want unreasonably low prices running into the high season. Or they want to pay for a smaller place, mine is 4 bedroom. So it hasn’t worked out for me or the other nearby rentals listed. 

User Stats

Votes
Allen Duan
Pro Member
#3 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Jan 15 2024, 21:44

We manage 27 MTRs and get most of our bookings through Airbnb and Furnished Finder.

User Stats

Votes
Jamie Banks#2 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Votes |
Jamie Banks#2 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Replied Jan 17 2024, 14:59

Furnished Finder is a lead generation source but it's been great. I've gotten reservations from traveling medical professionals, corporation, and even one from a MLB agent through Furnished Finder. 

I also recommend listing on Airbnb, Facebook Marketplace, Zillow, and Temporary Housing Directory to name a few