User Stats

Votes
Powell DiGangi
Votes |
Business Partner not paying me

Powell DiGangi
Posted Jan 17 2023, 07:36

Dear BP

I have been a passive investor in a real estate project in Louisville for the past 7 years.  My business partner is refusing to disclose documents around profits and also refusing to pay me out.  He has dragged me along for years promising to do right.  We have a contract signed but he is currently ignoring it.  I am looking for a lawyer in the Louisville area to help get my money out.  We recently had a property sell, so the cash is available.

thanks

User Stats

Votes
Rob Bergeron
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Replied Jan 17 2023, 13:51

Talk to Harry Borders or Michelle Rawn. 

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jan 17 2023, 16:57

@Powell DiGangi

I have seen this occur often and the person getting screwed will be “well eventually…”

What your doing is great. Turn it over to an attorney and have that person deal with it, once someone starts to go dark like that things never get better only worse.

So congrats on going after them

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Frank Greg
  • Lender
  • rate.bid
Votes |
  • Lender
  • rate.bid
Replied Jan 18 2023, 07:22
@Powell DiGangi:

My business partner is refusing to disclose documents around profits and also refusing to pay me out.  He has dragged me along for years promising to do right.  We have a contract signed but he is currently ignoring it.  I am looking for a lawyer in the Louisville area to help get my money out.  We recently had a property sell, so the cash is available.

thanks

Disputes such as these can be common and often why you have things formally drawn out in writing.

User Stats

Votes
Powell DiGangi
Votes |
Replied Jan 18 2023, 08:54

Thank you yall!