• Bothell, WA
Votes |
LLC and Living Trust

Sippy Hira
Pro Member
  • Professional
  • Bothell, WA
Posted Mar 24 2024, 21:47

Looking for legal help to put my house in living trust and also forming an LLC. Would love recommendations on who to work with!

Thanks!

Sippy

User Stats

Votes
David Warren
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Apr 1 2024, 14:39

Just came across your post now. If you are still looking for help regarding forming an LLC and a Living Trust:

I used the law firm of Hoerschelmann Dietz, PLLC for an LLC. They were easy to work with. They also do a lot of real estate work for the real estate brokerage I'm associated with and other brokers there.

I'm not sure about the Living Trust as I have not gone through that process. You might also try Karl Hausmann at Marsh Mundorf Pratt Sullivan & McKenzie in Mill Creek. he handles both personal and real estate law. 

Hope this helps. 

User Stats

Votes
Stuart Udis
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • Philadelphia
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • Philadelphia
Replied Apr 1 2024, 15:19

@Sippy Hira You should be seeking representation from an attorney that speciailizes in Trusts & Estates if your situation requires a Living Trust. Its more specialized of an area of law and you shouldn't let the formation of the LLC become the tail that's wagging the dog.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Jensen
Tax & Financial Services
#5 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
#5 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Apr 2 2024, 06:54
Quote from @Sippy Hira:

Looking for legal help to put my house in living trust and also forming an LLC. Would love recommendations on who to work with!

Thanks!

Sippy

Hey Sippy, 

I would be cautious of many over priced law firms, are the type of activities you are in need of can be easily done by an experienced accountant. Many accountants like our firm have adjacent asset protection experience due to clients constantly asking us for this kind of stuff. Usually if you work with an accountant the pricing is better. Sometimes you just need the basics. Just FYI!