Free Skip Tracing Sites

17 Replies

Hello guys,

I'm a newbie to wholesaling as well as real estate in general. I was wondering if someone can give me a list of free sites for skip tracing that I could use until I'm able to make a couple of first deals. I was introduced to wholesaling a few months ago and don't even have a business, LLC, Tax ID, social media or anything set up. I understand I don't need all that but I'm looking to get started and was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. Take care!

Originally posted by @Lydia T. :

@Sylenthia Boswell I hate to break it to you but its going to be really difficult to get deals without having some money to spend on marketing/skiptracing/cold calling. There are some reasonably priced skiptracing services out there.

Lydia,

Thanks for your response. I’m willing to spend on marketing and skip tracing as I now realize those are expenses I just have to go ahead and fork over. But cold calling..can I just use a few scripts that I’ve downloaded to contact my sellers or do I have to pay for something extra (when it comes to cold calling)? Do you have any advice on google voice, using my personal cell, etc? Any advice is appreciated, thanks...

Originally posted by @Sylenthia Boswell :
Originally posted by @Lydia T.:

@Sylenthia Boswell I hate to break it to you but its going to be really difficult to get deals without having some money to spend on marketing/skiptracing/cold calling. There are some reasonably priced skiptracing services out there.

Lydia,

Thanks for your response. I’m willing to spend on marketing and skip tracing as I now realize those are expenses I just have to go ahead and fork over. But cold calling..can I just use a few scripts that I’ve downloaded to contact my sellers or do I have to pay for something extra (when it comes to cold calling)? Do you have any advice on google voice, using my personal cell, etc? Any advice is appreciated, thanks...

Google voice is a good way to start with one number because it's free. Although it may be difficult to get a local number. But definitely don't use your personal cell number to call. Take a look at a service called CallRail where you can get 10 numbers for I think $30/month. This service is typically used for bandit sign numbers because they aren't traceable. They also have an app that will allow you to make and receive calls from those numbers. Hope that helps.

@Sylenthia Boswell There are a million FREE scripts out there for cold calling. I would suggest watching some youtube videos, come up with your own variation of someone elses script and practice it until it sounds natural. Dont read it off a piece of paper, it will sound like you're reading it and seller will hang up.

I would suggest google voice because its free but getting a local number is difficult. Do not use your personal phone number, you will be getting calls from crazies and randos for the next 8 years. Call rail is a good alternative if you cant get a local google voice number. Hope this helps! Dont get discouraged!

Hello, I am new to all of this. I am looking into skip tracing software but I do not yet have a business. I do not have a license or an actual business. I am trying to locate possible leads for cold calling and  I was looking into TLO. I have a few questions though. How do I get access if I do not have an actual business yet? I have heard great things but also that I need a license of some sort to get access to their software. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi Tiffany.  TLOxp you will need a license of some kind for sure.  They have one of the tougher credentialing processes out there, but they have excellent data that goes deep with relatives, neighbors, associates, etc..  I would say to at least go ahead and get a business license with your city/town.  It is cheap.  Get yourself a tax ID at irs.gov (free).  Open a bank account.  Now you will have some roots planted for less than $50.  You have to start somewhere.   Most of the good skip trace sites want you to have a "permissible purpose" for you to access their databases.  But these sites do have levels of access for different purposes.  You will need to simply "try and see" (I like to call it)    Try the service, see if you like it, apply for membership.  Worse they can say is no, but you hopefully will find out what you need to do to get accepted whey you re-apply.  

Hi Andrew. Quick question for you. I live in Illinois but I am beginning my wholesaling business in Wisconsin. Do you recommend that I get a business license in the city/town that I will be beginning to work in?