• New to Real Estate
  • Long Beach, CA
Votes |
How to Get In Contact with Hedge Fund Buyers

Bryan Igboke
  • New to Real Estate
  • Long Beach, CA
Posted Jan 15 2022, 15:25

As I'm sure you all know, hedge fund buyers have taken over the residential real estate market with their high cash offers. Since they are able to pay so much more than the average buyer, they would be the ideal end buyer for wholesale deals. I was curious if any of you have been able to get in contact with a hedge fund? If so, how did you go about doing so?

I found a website with active hedge funds and have been calling them to try and get their buy criteria and build a relationship, but have had limited success. I would love to hear from anyone who has successfully done this or even someone who might just have alternate methods they have thought of.

User Stats

Votes
Louis Davis
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • El Paso, TX
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • El Paso, TX
Replied Jan 17 2022, 11:43

@Bryan Igboke These are easy companies to locate. You google "hedge fund" and then put your location. The names of the companies will come up and you give them a call. They buy off of anybody as long as the number makes sense. Beware though. They are not the ideal buyer as you may think they are. Hedge Funds don't like properties that need a lot of work. They are not in the actual flipping business. As you speak with the representative, get their buying criteria just like you would a regular buyer. Only difference with a hedge fund is that it takes them way longer to say yes or no cause it has to go up the chain of command. 

Hope that helps

User Stats

Votes
Bryan Igboke
  • New to Real Estate
  • Long Beach, CA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Long Beach, CA
Replied Jan 17 2022, 20:40

@Louis Davis

That makes sense. That’s actually what I’ve  been doing so far, googling and calling but their pickup/response rate is low.

I’ve been hearing that about their decision making time a lot from other sources as well. Good to know, thanks for your response!

Rentec Direct logo
Rentec Direct
|
Sponsored
Most Customer-Friendly Landlord Software One app that does it all - with free training and US-based support.