User Stats

Votes
Ashley Capello
Votes |
Wholesale Vacant Land in Nacogdoches, Tx

Ashley Capello
Posted May 13 2022, 10:28

Hi All,

I have a lead on someone that is considering selling around 45 acres in Nacogdoches, Texas. The land is mostly cleared, has three ponds, approximately 5 acres are hay, and is a mix of red clay and dark soil. He wanted to know what I could offer him and I am not sure where to start. Based on some research I've seen that lots that size in that area are going for 5k-8k (with outliers going for more and less, of course). I know the negotiation idea of getting them to say a price first, but this man is just considering selling and I would like the practice anyway of determining the numbers. 

I'm looking for advice on how to come up with a fair offer on vacant land and what sort of questions I should be asking a seller when working with just land. I asked about if the land was cleared or wooded and soil types, but I don't know what else I should be looking for in vacant land conversations.

Thank you,

Ashley

User Stats

Votes
Bryant Brislin
Pro Member
#2 Land & New Construction Contributor
  • Wholesaler
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Land & New Construction Contributor
  • Wholesaler
  • Irvine, CA
Replied May 13 2022, 11:57

@Ashley Capello I'm a land broker in Southern California, and I've wholesaled a house in Nacogdoches, so I think I'm the best of both worlds!  Feel free to DM me.

Cash Source Homes Logo

User Stats

Votes
Mike Reynolds
Pro Member
  • construction
  • Nacogdoches, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • construction
  • Nacogdoches, TX
Replied May 16 2022, 11:53
Quote from @Ashley Capello:

Hi All,

I have a lead on someone that is considering selling around 45 acres in Nacogdoches, Texas. The land is mostly cleared, has three ponds, approximately 5 acres are hay, and is a mix of red clay and dark soil. He wanted to know what I could offer him and I am not sure where to start. Based on some research I've seen that lots that size in that area are going for 5k-8k (with outliers going for more and less, of course). I know the negotiation idea of getting them to say a price first, but this man is just considering selling and I would like the practice anyway of determining the numbers. 

I'm looking for advice on how to come up with a fair offer on vacant land and what sort of questions I should be asking a seller when working with just land. I asked about if the land was cleared or wooded and soil types, but I don't know what else I should be looking for in vacant land conversations.

Thank you,

Ashley

I live in the area and the answer is, it depends. It depends on the part of the county it's in. 

Appleby, Central Heights, it will go for more. Woden, lake area a little less. Douglas area about the same as Woden. Cushing area the least. 

i would say 350 ish but that's just a very wild guess. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes