• Rental Property Investor
  • Oakland, CA
Votes |
Newbies who need to get started but don't know HOW

Raenelle Reed
  • Oakland, CA
Posted May 18 2022, 12:28

Looking for newbies in the Real Estate Investment, who is willing to form a group and to learn from each other!!

User Stats

Votes
Steven Foster Wilson
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Columbus, OH
Replied May 18 2022, 12:35

@Raenelle Reed this is great! When I got started investing my sophomore year of college, I had $500 to my name, My grandmother lent me $12k for the downpayment on a duplex on OSU campus in Columbus. Over the course of a year my wife and I fixed it up, rented to friends, ate peanut butter and jelly, did everything we could. We then refinanced the property and it has given us $140k in cash back and continually produces $1,800/month in cash flow. One of the biggest things that helped me was my network and solid people surrounding and supporting me.

User Stats

Votes
Raenelle Reed
  • Oakland, CA
Votes |
  • Oakland, CA
Replied May 18 2022, 12:43

Hello,Steven Wilson thanks for reaching out I really appreciate it! I'm trying to get started but I don't know where?? I've been thinking about small multifamily apartments to invest in but my mind is all over the place. Can you please give me any suggestions??

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Matt K.
  • Walnut Creek, CA
Votes |
  • Walnut Creek, CA
Replied May 19 2022, 13:16

I'd help out, but you'll attract quality people if you can put together a group where the different people are good at something that compliments the end goal of a group.

CA is a rough to break into, out of state is easier from a financial standpoint but has it challenges and different set of risk/rewards. Happy to share my experience locally and out of state, let me know how it goes setting up the group

User Stats

Votes
Raenelle Reed
  • Oakland, CA
Votes |
  • Oakland, CA
Replied May 19 2022, 14:03

Thanks Matt K. have a nice day!!

User Stats

Votes
Will Barnard
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
ModeratorReplied May 19 2022, 14:41
Quote from @Raenelle Reed:

Looking for newbies in the Real Estate Investment, who is willing to form a group and to learn from each other!!

If I may make a suggestion, forming a group of only newbies will not benefit you all much, you need to have others in your group with experience too. There are many strategies available in REI so I recommend you pick one that fits your goals and abilities (plus you should like doing it, those who do jobs they don't like are often not good or successful at it).

User Stats

Votes
Raenelle Reed
  • Oakland, CA
Votes |
  • Oakland, CA
Replied May 20 2022, 11:24

I'm looking for investors that would like to invest in Richmond Ca

User Stats

Votes
Raenelle Reed
  • Oakland, CA
Votes |
  • Oakland, CA
Replied May 20 2022, 11:36

Hello Will Barnard, thanks for your suggestion! I meant to say investors with experience, Im sorry I needed to reword and make things clear on what I want. Thanks Will Barnard for your suggestion.

User Stats

Votes
Raenelle Reed
  • Oakland, CA
Votes |
  • Oakland, CA
Replied Jul 5 2022, 15:35

Hello I'm new to Rental Property investing looking to get my foot in the door, someway and somehow!

User Stats

Votes
Matt K.
  • Walnut Creek, CA
Votes |
  • Walnut Creek, CA
Replied Jul 5 2022, 16:05
Quote from @Raenelle Reed:

Hello I'm new to Rental Property investing looking to get my foot in the door, someway and somehow!

You either need funds or time/skill set.....

so if you're lacking funds to get started, what is it that you do well and would benefit those who have the funds...sell them on your value and either make some money or get to be part of their network....

if you have funds but lack the time/skill set figure out what's needed and start looking for someone who's doing what you want to do well....and figure out a path to getting them funding....