Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Matt Slavov
Votes |
How to Follow up with sellers ? Flipper from Poland

Matt Slavov
Posted May 31 2022, 15:07

Hi I'm Matt from Poland (Europe). I made over 200 deals in a 4 year career but i still struggle with the follow up.
I have created an automated follow up that sends a text blast and voice mail, but sellers often reply that the price has not changed and they will wait, so I have the impression that it is more difficult for them to change their minds with each message, even when they know that their proposition is too high, they do not want to leave. people who have lost negotiations.

In addition to that,  they think that since I write to them or send a voice balst from time to time, I have not found a better or cheaper property than they have,which makes them even more rigid in their expectations.

sorry for my english ...

I will be grateful for any answer

User Stats

Votes
Kerry Noble Jr
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Jun 1 2022, 09:28

Maybe the list that you got them from isnt a very motivated list??? For instance, Tax delinquent would be more motivated vs absentee owner or something........as an example......

also, have you ever tried following up via call? something less personal than a text or voicemail blast?

User Stats

Votes
Matt Slavov
Votes |
Replied Jun 1 2022, 16:05

Yes, before I created the automated follow ups, I called the sellers in person, despite building relationships with them, they were still not willing to lower the price and it looked like I was more interested in buying than they on selling property, which is not good when I negotiate. I spent a lot of time on it without any effect.

How could I have done otherwise?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jerryll Noorden#1 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Votes |
Jerryll Noorden#1 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Replied Jun 1 2022, 16:12

When dealing with motivated sellers, there truly is no need for follow ups. This is blasphemy for you average little mortals that WORK to get sellers  pffft, you silly mortals you!

They always follow up with us. Not ONCE have we EVER...  followed up? .. Follow upped?!  Upfollowed? Followed upped? with motivated sellers.

My advise is truly, if they need some follow upping, they may not be as motivated as I would like them to be and I personally don't bother. Waste of time. I have far more leads to attend that ARE motivated. So the solution I present to you is this. Increase lead quality!

But You Mr Poland (in Europe).. are there many flippers over there? Maybe I should dominate Europe too! HMMMM intere-stink!

User Stats

Votes
Matt Slavov
Votes |
Replied Jun 1 2022, 16:56

My market is different.We buy property as private buyers, not home buyers company, because sellers would not be eager to reduce the price, knowing that I make money on it, we do not have lists with divorces, inheritance, etc., because we have strict data protection.
Mostly we flips on apartments.But we have less competition

User Stats

Votes
Olivia Radziszewski
  • Realtor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Jun 1 2022, 17:06

Hi! 

I have personally taken a break on convincing buyers for now. For people that really seem to be convinced. I give them a few months off then follow up again. I sometimes just reach out with helpful information so every time I reach out isn’t to ask them if they are ready to sell. I’m terms of cheaper options I will make binders with local information that again, could be useful to them. So market info is good as well. 

These only require me to print out information and throw it together and drop it off. 

User Stats

Votes
Adrian Mahdian
  • Investor
  • Poland
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Poland
Replied Jan 29 2023, 05:37

@Matt Slavov are you still calling them? How is the chase going? 

I am starting to look into the market also in Warsaw.

I am more into buy and hold but BRRRR is also interesting to me! Let's chat, send me a DM!