• Investor
  • Central CT & Rhode Island
Votes |
How do I use (young) age as an advantage in Wholesaling

Paul Harris
  • Investor
  • Central CT & Rhode Island
Posted Jun 7 2022, 21:48

I'm thinking my best path to getting enough money to put a down payment on my first property while simultaneously learning my local market is to start with wholesaling. I'm also 19 years old - does anyone that's young, looks young, or started when they were young have any tips or advice for someone like myself getting started in this game? I anticipate this to be my biggest challenge which is why I've asked this in my first BP forum post. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 8 2022, 05:15

Sure you could try knocking and walking. 

User Stats

Votes
Samuel Eddinger
  • Meriden, CT
Votes |
  • Meriden, CT
Replied Jun 8 2022, 06:57

I would find a mentor and gain as much as you can from then.  That will help you not make the same mistakes they made and accelerate your growth immensely.  After you think you have learned enough, then you will have the confidence to go off on your own.

As an investor, I can feel the lack of confidence and I don't know any 19 year olds with no real estate experience having the confidence to quickly close a deal!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jun 8 2022, 06:58

Wether you get 0 deals or 100 deals stay motivated and hungry. Don’t take anything personally and build great relationships 

User Stats

Votes
Dan Sheeks
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Denver, CO
Replied Jun 8 2022, 09:43

Hey @Paul Harris. Congrats on your ambition!

I know a few young wholesalers who you could connect with. DM me if you're interested.

Also, check out this book as I think it's perfect for you! www.biggerpockets.com/teen

User Stats

Votes
Liam Benson
  • Investor
  • Minnesota
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Minnesota
Replied Jun 9 2022, 16:34

I'm 21. I look about 16. 

The best way to use our age to our advantage? We can outwork the tired old 45 year olds!

I sound confident, I speak with conviction, I know exactly what I am doing.

When I display that to a seller, I have never been asked my age nor has it been an issue in the transaction!

The reason you're worried about this is because you don't feel confident in yourself yet. 

Gain confidence by learning, and more importantly taking action! You will learn the confidence, and you'll find your stride.

Good luck man, you're gonna crush it.