Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Te'a Baptist
Votes |
EMD & Assigning Contract

Te'a Baptist
Posted Jun 22 2022, 09:39

I am starting to get very nervous that I do not have a cash buyer and enough money to put up for my EMD. The last buyer I spoke to said he was not willing to put up an EMD so I'm not sure if that is going to be a problem with other people I market to which makes me nervous.

User Stats

Votes
Brian Frasier
  • Wholesaler
  • Hardeeville, SC
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Hardeeville, SC
Replied Jun 22 2022, 10:43

Buyers have to put up an EMD. If you have a property under contract that you are looking to assign/wholesale to an end buyer/cash buyer and they refuse to put up an EMD then don't do business with them. Move on to another buyer. Don't waste valuable time on them. Any legit cash buyer that knows how to do this business knows that an EMD/Good Faith Deposit is mandatory. If they refuse to put up an EMD then there's a huge chance that they won't even show up to the closing table anyway or complete the transaction. If they didn't put anything into the deal like EMD then they have nothing to lose if they back out. That's the whole point of getting that "Good Faith Deposit" or EMD. So yeah, my advice to you would be to just find another buyer. One that understands how business is done. Hope this helps :)

User Stats

Votes
Te'a Baptist
Votes |
Replied Jun 22 2022, 10:57

Yes thank you so much 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Brian Frasier
  • Wholesaler
  • Hardeeville, SC
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Hardeeville, SC
Replied Jun 22 2022, 10:58

You are very welcome :)

User Stats

Votes
Shawn Gavin
  • Investor
  • Nationwide
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Nationwide
Replied Nov 20 2023, 12:17

Hello Te'a! We can help you with future EMD & Double closings

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 6 2023, 01:49
Quote from @Te'a Baptist:

I am starting to get very nervous that I do not have a cash buyer and enough money to put up for my EMD. The last buyer I spoke to said he was not willing to put up an EMD so I'm not sure if that is going to be a problem with other people I market to which makes me nervous.

Hello! i can help with emd on your next deal. Message me anytime.

User Stats

Votes
Vadim F.
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Jan 11 2024, 10:28
Quote from @Te'a Baptist:

You have a deal in Cleveland? DM me.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied Jan 11 2024, 10:51
Quote from @Brian Frasier:

Buyers have to put up an EMD. If you have a property under contract that you are looking to assign/wholesale to an end buyer/cash buyer and they refuse to put up an EMD then don't do business with them. Move on to another buyer. Don't waste valuable time on them. Any legit cash buyer that knows how to do this business knows that an EMD/Good Faith Deposit is mandatory. If they refuse to put up an EMD then there's a huge chance that they won't even show up to the closing table anyway or complete the transaction. If they didn't put anything into the deal like EMD then they have nothing to lose if they back out. That's the whole point of getting that "Good Faith Deposit" or EMD. So yeah, my advice to you would be to just find another buyer. One that understands how business is done. Hope this helps :)

is that not the pot calling the kettle black wholesalers tying up property with no EM and then walking if they cant assign it.. Just a stain on the industry frankly