Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Dom Battezzato
  • Rental Property Investor
  • SAN DIEGO
Votes |
How to generate motivated sellers (inbound vs outbound)

Dom Battezzato
  • SAN DIEGO
Posted Jun 27 2022, 12:44

I talk to many seasoned investors and it still amazes me how many people are paying for motivated leads. No one is waiting for a cold call or a mail in the letter asking them to sell their house. When people have a problem (are motivated) and need to sell their house they will go to google and find a solution. If you're website ranks #1 you will get a lot of traffic. Now, you will get traffic you will not get leads. You still need a system to take that traffic and convert it into a lead. For example, when someone visits your website what will make them fill in their personal address, email and phone number and want to be contacted. You need to create value for your motivated sellers, for the people who visit you page. So my advice is pour into your website. Make your website kick butt in creating value and make people want an offer from you! 

User Stats

Votes
Justin Pearson
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jun 27 2022, 14:49

"Adding value" is a really vague concept, can you be more specific? Does it include great analysis and reports? Does it offer some kind of incentive up front or on the back end? A great recipe for pie? I'm not being factious, I'm just genuinely curious what this "add value" looks like in todays web culture. What can someone offer on their website that can be done better or differently than other competitors? I've seen the usual video clips, social media plugs, questionnaires, etc. I'd love for our brand to end up on the top of the SEO pile when someone in my area searches for selling a home but I'm not sure how to go about it. 

Thanks in advance!

User Stats

Votes
David Lee Hall, III
Pro Member
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Jun 28 2022, 04:24

Here is the problem with JUST focusing on SEO - 90+ % of clicks come from the top 3 results in Google. If there are 1000 folks just like you in your market, what are the odds you get to and stay in the top 3. Not very great. Yes it is important, but it is part of a puzzle of branding and advertising that is important but usually should not be relied upon alone. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Dom Battezzato
  • SAN DIEGO
Votes |
  • SAN DIEGO
Replied Jun 28 2022, 11:41

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...Hey, thanks for the reply! I found this bigger pockets from 2021 talk that explains more of what I mean 

;t=216s

User Stats

Votes
Dom Battezzato
  • SAN DIEGO
Votes |
  • SAN DIEGO
Replied Jun 28 2022, 11:41

Whoops sorry that reply looks odd, didn't know how to attach a video properly 

User Stats

Votes
Jerryll Noorden#1 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Replied Jun 28 2022, 15:49
Quote from @David Lee Hall, III:

Here is the problem with JUST focusing on SEO - 90+ % of clicks come from the top 3 results in Google. If there are 1000 folks just like you in your market, what are the odds you get to and stay in the top 3. Not very great. Yes it is important, but it is part of a puzzle of branding and advertising that is important but usually should not be relied upon alone. 

Here is the problem with cars. They are expensive and they need gas.
Here is the problem with biking. They are slow, and they take work, to work.
Here is the problem, with a fork. They are made out of metal and they conduct electricity so you can't stick them in an outlet.
Here is the problem with phones. Any one can reach you at all times.
Here is the problem with shoes. In order for them to work you need to put them on. and it takes time to tie the laces.

Yes, you can ALWAYS name something wrong with anything.

Here is the problem with what you are saying... you do not understand SEO and because of your limited insights you say things that are not correct or do not make sense, is not true and is mere opinion.

"Its hard staying in the top 3? " For YOU maybe, Not for those that know how to do it, just like putting on shoes is not a big deal if you have no problem tying your laces, just like it is no big deal to pay for gas for your car when you can afford it etc. etc. just liek that it is not a challenge to remain in the top 3 when you do it right, right?

Do you see what I am getting at?

NEVER project YOUR limitations, or lack of skill onto others, turning these "limitations: into general facts.

Not because YOU can't do something, does it automatically imply it is "hard" or a "bad idea". People often don't see that and it is mindboggling how often I see this kind of talk here on the forums. Stop that!

An other thing I often see is people feel like they have to negate what ever message introduced in a post. You really don't always have to negate, challenge, and disagree on something just for the sake to disagree or to seem more knowledgeable than one really is (not saying you are doing this.. just saying I see this way too often).

By all means debate and challenge, but please be a bit more educated on the topic before you just say things that are just wrong.
SO..

let me correct you. Let me make your statement more accurate, and this counts for EVERYONE, EVERYTHING.

YOU need to not rely on just SEO to make it... keyword here is.. YOU!!

I rely ONLY on SEO to make it. and my ROI is infinite... and I get more leads in a single day (for free and higher quality) than most of you get in a MONTH even when you pay for it. So it is factually wrong to tell me (and thus anyone) that you should not simply rely on SEO... for THOSE specific reasons you listed.  If you want to make money NOW and don't want to wait? Sure! Go do Youtube marketing, while you do SEO. But to say that it is hard to stay in the top 3... just because 1000 people are also trying? That's insulting!

Do you see my point? 

Best of luck... change that limiting perspective!

the reason why I am so against this kind of  mindset/talk is because that this is what keeps the masses ignorant.

ONE person can't do something so they spread the message not to bother.

So if I listened to people like you when I first started... 

this would NOT be happening for me:

because, the following would never have happened way back then , when I first started:

Now you can understand why I am fiercely against that kind of talk

User Stats

Votes
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Replied Jun 28 2022, 16:06
Quote from @Justin Pearson:

"Adding value" is a really vague concept, can you be more specific? Does it include great analysis and reports? Does it offer some kind of incentive up front or on the back end? A great recipe for pie? I'm not being factious, I'm just genuinely curious what this "add value" looks like in todays web culture. What can someone offer on their website that can be done better or differently than other competitors? I've seen the usual video clips, social media plugs, questionnaires, etc. I'd love for our brand to end up on the top of the SEO pile when someone in my area searches for selling a home but I'm not sure how to go about it. 

Thanks in advance!

VALUE.

Think about it.

To anyone that has not had anything to drink in 5 days... do you offer them a hamburger or a glass of water?

Water right?

WHY water and not the hamburger? Because you know from the fact they have had nothing to drink in so long what they want rifght?

So in order to give value, you need to know your audience. Predict their fears, concerns, wants and desires and show them how to get it.

You know the seller's current situation, and you know their desired situation. Position yourself to be the vessel to bring them from their current (painful) situation to their desired situation...

THAT my friend is value.

User Stats

Votes
Louis P Lessor
  • Janesville WI
Votes |
  • Janesville WI
Replied Jun 28 2022, 16:14

If your looking for marketing advice happy to jump on a call, I work full-time for a digital marketing agency and also am a real estate investor. 

User Stats

Votes
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Replied Jun 28 2022, 16:23
Quote from @Dom Battezzato:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...Hey, thanks for the reply! I found this bigger pockets from 2021 talk that explains more of what I mean 

;t=216s

I AM FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Stats

Votes
David Lee Hall, III
Pro Member
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Jun 28 2022, 18:35

@Jerryll Noorden

I did not say SEO doesn’t work. I do know how it works. I have run it previously for my former IT services company. Today in my market we get about 70 leads a month off of SEO and pay per click at about $8k spend. (I would have to pull reports to get breakdown, which isn’t happening on my phone) What I did say is that it takes work, and has drawbacks, and I recommend a balanced approach across multiple channels. 

I don’t remember the dates exactly but around 7 years ago Google changed their algorithms for SEO. This through everything for a loop. Rankings changed drastically over night. You can’t control the tech behind SEO which is why I recommend a diversified approach. 

It is the same reason I recommend a balanced investing approach. If all you have are Short term rentals and some jag off takes hotel lobby donations and either makes them illegal or highly taxed, now your portfolio is bust, but balancing between multiple exit strategies would allow you the ability to ride out hiccups. 

User Stats

Votes
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Replied Jun 28 2022, 19:17

I know what you said. 

1). You said Doing SEO is a bad idea because there is a lot of competition, you can't  (or it is hard/nearly impossible) to retain the top 3 spots... etc. etc.) I never said that you said SEO doesn't work! I know you have seen my posts where I without a doubt show seo DOES work. So I know you didn't say that nor did I claim you said that.

2) Google algorithms don't effect SEO when done the right way. I have not touched my site in over 4 years and I still rank #1... completely irrelevant what Google does. To explain how and why it would take me 4 pages so I will spare you this unless you want me to prove that to you too!

Again the mistake you are making is assuming you know how SEO is done. And don't get me wrong.. this is not your fault. You all are listening to the experts. They are all wrong. Again let me repeat,  Google algorithms ONLY affects you if you try to manipulate the rankings through backlinks, blogging, citations keyword manipulation. Google algorithms ONLY affect you, if you do what all these "experts" tell you to do. Obviously, I don't, and my SEO results are second to NONE. You think that's a coincidence? Absolutely not.

Did you know that in true SEO "keywords" are completely irrelevant?  Yup. EVERY SEO expert will tell you about keywords right? Keyword this keyword that keyword research keyword volume, keyword analysis... COMPLETE HORSE CRAP!

Forget keywords, citations backlinks.. I do not focus on that. The rest of the planet does.

Let me close this debate with saying this... the inherent disconnect here is, that you are STILL trying to defend your points with the erroneous understanding you have of SEO. As long as you keep doing this you will NEVER see that I am in FACT 100% completely indubiously right. Again you will not see that I am correct BECAUSE you are not allowing yourself to say "wait a sec... maybe I should just stop, listen, clear my mind, unlearn what I think I know and genuinely listen to this dude as he obviously has indisputable proof that what he is saying is SHOWN to be correct".

In my previous message I told you, that the reason you are wrong and think you are correct is because you do not understand true SEO... so you can't keep arguing your points with the same wrong concept of what SEO is right?

Lastly... I think we both know that when it comes to SEO I am the expert, not you. I don't understand why you keep defending your wrong points when we both know I am the expert.  Instead you should not be argumentative and you should absorb what I am teaching you.

Then, I do not mean to say that doing multiple strategies at once is wrong...

But consider this... and be genuine when you do.

I get WAY more leads I can possibly handle, and these leads are of highest quality, there is ZERO effort, and it is free.

WHY would I ADD a second strategy, when the leads of this second strategy is crap, takes too much work and effort to obtain, too much work and effort to convert, and are expensive and is infinitely more work. Why would I dilute my perfect system by PAYING for leads that are bad, THEREFORE, making my 100% automated system, perform far less efficient, and where the good leads now fall through the cracks.

Get it?

NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT. I will NEVER add an inferior strategy to an otherwise perfect system. So now you will say "yeah YOU shouldn't add a new system but the rest of the world isn't getting that volume of leads like you do and they thus should add more lines right?", Again that is my point. If the rest of the world listened to me, which I hope you can see yourself how hard it is for anyone to listen to "you" as you yourself are simply not listening to me, no matter how much proof or logic, and common sense I throw at you... so does the world. If they all listened to me, they TOO would be drowning in leads... But maybe you can shine some light on this....

I showed you proof, I showed you my knowledge, I produce proof NO ONE ELSE can show... yet you sit here debating with the "God of SEO" simply REFUSING to drop the towel and say "I am ready to learn Master"... 

I just don't get it honestly. If I was hungry for success like a lot of you are I am sure.. and someone came along that over and over and over again produced straight up proof, logic, mopped the floor with anyone and everyone that dares to challenge him... OMG man.. I would drop what I was doing, fall on my knees and beg him to teach me his way. I don't know man.. that is just me. An ACTUAL system to actual success based on logic, common sense evidence and intelligence that can not be faked? Damn dude sign me up.

But here we are... debating a topic we both know is already won... still you are not on your knees calling me master. Sigh... the world is crazy I tells you! I honestly do not get it. If all of you could simply put emotion aside and look at DATA! NOT opinion, you all would be so successful, but you all have a damn ego issue!

Now again.. the mistake you make (again) is assuming that your opinion about SEO is correct.  Yes, when you see SEO the way YOU see it, I can see why you would say that. But your view on SEO is simply wrong. And as such, you are not correct with the points you try to make.

Now again you can either learn and adjust, or you can keep fighting the good fight  but the only one losing would be you.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯