Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Martin Montelongo
  • New to Real Estate
  • Ventura California
Votes |
how can I fine land developers when wholesaling land?

Martin Montelongo
  • New to Real Estate
  • Ventura California
Posted Jul 2 2022, 17:39

found some land i can wholesale to developers. my question is do i need to add the # to what type of home can be built on the property of all cost to build the home form concert to roof? 

User Stats

Votes
Kerry Noble Jr
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Jul 5 2022, 07:05

Developers generally post signs on the land that theyre developing.....drive around and just look at the actual lots and take the takes down and call them........thats what i did......

User Stats

Votes
Bryant Brislin
Pro Member
#2 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Wholesaler
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Wholesaler
  • Irvine, CA
Replied Jul 5 2022, 11:14

@Martin Montelongo besides having a wholesaling company, I've been a land broker for 13 years.  I mostly sell larger pieces of land to the big homebuilders, but I can try to give you some guidance, as I work on smaller deals, too.  Feel free to reach out to me.  As a general statement for anyone reading this thread, larger pieces of land can be tough to "wholesale" since developers need long feasibility periods to do their due diligence on soils/geotechnical, environmental, utility availability/capacity, zoning, etc, etc, but they can certainly be brokered if you team up with a savvy agent who knows land.  For a single lot that a builder would just do one home on, those can be wholesale'd potentially.

Cash Source Homes Logo
BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Ben Scott
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Replied Jul 5 2022, 11:21

You can also call builders and ask what type of lots they are looking for and then find land to wholesale to them. Find your buyer first.