Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Erik Alvarez
  • Wholesaler
  • Cali LA
Votes |
How to Negotiate +$1,000,000 Dollar Properties in LA County?

Erik Alvarez
  • Wholesaler
  • Cali LA
Posted Jul 19 2022, 18:28

I've been gathering a lot of information that investors typically pay 70%, 80%, 85% for properties here in Los Angeles County. But in my opinion, that is still outrageous.

How do we negotiate high end properties here in Socal or is better if I just virtual wholesale in a different area? Or should I just target probate, liens, and pre-foreclosure leads?

The reason why I want to wholesale in LA county is because everything will be local and more convenient for me. I got some cash buyers and escrow companies lined up already.

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Myers
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Los Angeles
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Los Angeles
Replied Jul 20 2022, 11:25

Have you started marketing to sellers and if so, how?

User Stats

Votes
Matt Giacinto
  • Developer
  • Los Angeles
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Los Angeles
Replied Jul 20 2022, 16:07

Hey Erik, I'm a wholesaler as well here in LA. Let's connect and see how we can do some work together!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Lai
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Long Beach, CA
Votes |
  • Long Beach, CA
Replied Jul 20 2022, 16:16

Hey Erik, not sure how others do it, but I can break down how I do it. I am currently an Acquisitions manager for a flipping company that focus on purchasing between 900k-1.7m. I always use an excel calculator that factors in ARV, rehab costs, roi, transaction fees and profit. I have noticed that different areas of LA have different ROI's. Hope this helps and let me know if you have something you are selling off.

User Stats

Votes
Erik Alvarez
  • Wholesaler
  • Cali LA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Cali LA
Replied Jul 22 2022, 11:50
Quote from @Jeremy Lai:

Hey Erik, not sure how others do it, but I can break down how I do it. I am currently an Acquisitions manager for a flipping company that focus on purchasing between 900k-1.7m. I always use an excel calculator that factors in ARV, rehab costs, roi, transaction fees and profit. I have noticed that different areas of LA have different ROI's. Hope this helps and let me know if you have something you are selling off.

How did you get ahold of that excel calculator and how do you calculate areas in LA with different ROI's?

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Lai
  • Long Beach, CA
Votes |
  • Long Beach, CA
Replied Jul 22 2022, 22:55

@Erik Alvarez

I wouldn’t want to take that fun away from you. Some of the best things come from trying things and testing them out yourself, then adjusting until you get it right. A calculator is just a guide for getting close. After seeing hundreds of properties you will get more of a feeling of what is a deal and what isn’t. Good luck!