• Rental Property Investor
  • SAN DIEGO
Votes |
Hardest part about RE

Dom Battezzato
  • Rental Property Investor
  • SAN DIEGO
Posted Jul 27 2022, 11:48

In my opinion, the hardest part about starting out in Real Estate Investing is the bloodline to the business GENERATING MOTIVATED SELLER LEADS. I have done it all; I am curious to hear some creative ways people get motivated leads on here? 

All start, I've heard about using your mail person since they walk so many neighborhoods and give them a fee of the deal for finding distressed houses. Crazy Idea 

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Lyons
  • Cary, NC
Votes |
  • Cary, NC
Replied Jul 27 2022, 13:38

Hey Dom, I haven't actually tried either of these but the mail person idea got me thinking and I am going to try both of the following.

Bus Drivers - drive all around certain areas and definitely can see a lot of houses and when they drive around enough they will observe some things most people wouldn't see when driving by once.

Garbage Truck Drivers - Same situation as Bus Drivers but drive many more areas. They can also know when someone is clearing out an entire house so they may be motivated(getting ready to sell, a family member passed away, etc.) or just the opposite, if a house doesn't have any trash for weeks or months it is likely vacant.