Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Duane Richards
Pro Member
  • Cedar Hills, UT
Votes |
Any wholesalers in the Birmingham, AL area to help sell property?

Duane Richards
Pro Member
  • Cedar Hills, UT
Posted Jul 28 2022, 09:17

Hey all you good BP folks!

I have a friend who purchased a portfolio of 10 properties in the Birmingham, AL area and has had multiple issues with his PM and tenants. He's put a lot of money into trying to fix up/recover (including rebuilding a home from scratch through insurance that burned down), but at this point it may be best to unload what he can to recover from a further downward spiral financially. He's also not local to the market, so it's difficult to rehab at the scale he needs to.

Neither of us are very familiar with the mechanics of working with wholesalers, but they seem to have a larger market of interested investors willing to put in some sweat equity to increase ARV and turn distressed properties into profitable ones. Would love to chat with someone about the process and potential partnership.

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Wayne Brooks#1 Foreclosures Contributor
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Replied Jul 28 2022, 09:42

@Duane Richards Your perceptions about wholesalers being best able to help are 180 degrees off…

Not only do they only have a few Real buyers, they’re looking for steep discount.

Your Best bet to Net the most money is simply get them on your local mls.  Then, All the investor buyers/flippers/Rehabber will see it.  You’ll by Far find the Most Cash buyers who can really solve your problem.

I know one agent there, that I used to sell my mom’s house last year…I can send you his info if you want.

User Stats

Votes
Duane Richards
Pro Member
  • Cedar Hills, UT
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Cedar Hills, UT
Replied Jul 28 2022, 10:07

@Wayne Brooks, thanks for the correction, I do understand the deep discount expectation, wasn't sure if it was worth it for him to take that kind of hit or not - I believe he is starting to use the MLS out there, so I think pursuing that first to see what kind of traction he gets sounds like the best way to go first. Please send your agent's contact info if you don't mind!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Craig Peterson
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Parrish, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Parrish, FL
Replied Jul 29 2022, 10:01

I am looking for property in Birmingham. Moving there permanently in September but looking now. Do you have any details on the properties he is looking to sell?

User Stats

Votes
Francisco Cimon
  • Mexico
Votes |

I just sent you a DM Duane....